Pages

Followers

Tuesday, March 23, 2021

The Power of Prayer

 


Love is a special word. It is often used as an expression to describe a physical or emotional feeling or desire. It is much more than that. As we grow in the togetherness of love it becomes a bonding of souls making us one in spirit and mind. The physical expression of love has no comparison to offer. "Puppy" love is a flash in the pan, a momentary happening. The love the Lord calls us to is a bonding love that is selfless, eternal. (1 John 4:8, Romans 5:8, 1 John 4:16) Prayer is often the subject of these posts. Do you realize that love is the power of prayer? Not just our prayer to God but the fact that that prayer is even answered! Read Romans 5:8 again. Read 1 John 4:16 again. "God is LOVE!" Love has some powerful traits that are all encompassing. (1 Corinthians 13:4) Love is patient and kind, never jealous, boastful or conceited. This is the place from which prayer should come. (Matthew 6:7) Prayer should be simple and concise. Thanks should given before offering up petitions and after the petition. (Philippians 1:9) Prayer still has the power to heal and to changer things and to protect.      

I would like to share a card I made some time ago.


I know the cross is a stamp from Our Daily Bread. I did not record the Copic Colors. The die cuts were from my stash as were the stickers. 

I hope everyone is doing fine and staying healthy. Remember to always "Love The Details." God Bless and keep you safe.

9 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card! I loved reading your wonderful post about Love.:) I hope you and your family are safe in these tough times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The card is lovely Your post always leave me feeling a little better Thank you .........Lis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love can have so many definitions, but the one we need to focus on is the one you have said above Jim. This was a great post, insightful and hopefully will resonate with many. I know it did me! Your card is beautiful Jim, I love the color combo and I love the cross with the lilies. So beautifully colored! I also love the bits and bobs in the corners and such. I'm all vaccinated and past my two week period, so considered fully vaccinated. Still need to be careful when out in public though or large groups. Stay well and stay healthy Jim! Sending love, hugs and blessings to you and Jill. Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your posts are always from the heart, my friend, and this is no exception. The card is beautiful too.
    Hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful coloring & love the design, Jim. Hope you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card with those Easter flowers on the cross. Another inspiring and beautiful post! Hope things are well with you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jim this is absolutely beautiful design. There sure is power in prayer, I have experienced it many many times....great Faith. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. How gorgeous Jim! I Love the detail and the beautiful cross is a wonderful focal point - and a perfect card for Palm Sunday! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.