Pages

Followers

Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Patience

 


Patience is a virtue but also a test. That which we desire is often not immediate in forthcoming. In this day and age the desire is to have things immediately with no waiting period. That is just not how things normally happen. (Sirach 1:23, 2:4) Right now for many of us it is waiting for the COVID 19 shots to become available. Ranting and raving does no good since we have no control over supplies of the vaccine or it's distribution. The same is true of the prayers we offer up. (James 5:7) It is at the Lord's pleasure when we are answered not ours. He decides the proper time. Throughout scripture we are implored to wait on the Lord. It is a time of strengthening. If we are to Trust in the Lord we must learn to be patient. If our belief is to be proven we must be patient. If anything we seek is truly worth anything we must be patient. (proverbs 25:15, Ecclesiastics 7:8, Galatians 5:22, Ephesians 4:2, Colossians 3:12, 2 Peter 3:15) All of these and many more are in the word. 

I would like to share a needle point I did some years back. I am an avid humming bird and butterfly fan. This needle work is of butterflies.


This took many weeks to finish. It was done in the 80's when I had a broken leg. I did not take a photo of the back but it is almost as nice as the front. The white cloth background yellowed a bit but it is special. I wanted to do another but could not find another this nice. I am just happy this one was available.

That is it for this post. Thank you for stopping by and commenting and God bless. Remember to always "Love The Details."

8 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous piece of needlework Jim! They are such pretty delicate things and you have captured their beauty so well. Take care. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember all the hours you worked on this...If I remember correctly you did some of it it while you were watching a football game. I wish everyone could see the perfectly placed tiny stitches you put into this.
    I think you wrote this one as a reminder to me...As you know very well, I do not have the patience that you have...smile. As always a great post... Hugs, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patience really is a virtue, even in my crafting life as parchment hates being rushed. Stunning needle work too xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saint Michael the Archangel defend us from combat.🙏🏼 Be our shield against visible and invisible enemies.🙏🏼

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maria. Your visits and comments are special.

      Delete
  5. This is a post that speaks to many of us Jim! Patience, we all need to be more patient I agree. We are so used to instant gratification anymore that we have forgotten how to be patient. I am just as guilty myself at times. So thank you for this post. Wow Jim, that is a stunning needlepoint you have did! So neat and tidy-you are really good at needlepoint! I don't know if Annie's Attic would have any patterns or not, I know they do in cross stitch, but not sure about embroidery. Maybe check some etsy shops too. You are very good at embroidery! Hugs and Blessings, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful stitching, Jim! Hope you get the vaccine soon. I'm so grateful to be getting my 2nd shot today. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the details on your embroidery! Just a beautiful! I love embroidery too. I do a lot of cross stitch. Yes, we must all be patient. If we are too big a hurry rushing around, me may actually miss God's answer. And then, we have to accept the answer, especially if it is not the one we "think" we wanted. It's all good. LOL Have a super day, Irish!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.