Pages

Followers

Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Choice

 

Every so often I come across a quote or saying that hits a nerve. One of my all time favorite poet/philosophers is Kahlil Gibran. I have several of his books. I used to read them often for the wisdom they contain as well as the thought they provoke. This quote is true on many fronts. Think about it for awhile and you will see the truth in it. The choice of our path through life is the source of our joy and sorrow. What we see as the wants and needs in our life, the choice of life long partners, whether or not we will have children and even our choices in clothing. Our choice of religion is a big choice of joys and sorrow. What we expect from our choices is perfection. That alone is where joy and sorrow is greatest. We expect all of our expectations to be met and that is just never going to become a reality. The sad thing is that when we lower our expectations we are saddened with disappointment. Religion (I dislike that term: I prefer Christianity) is the only place where the sadness can be filled with joy more often than not. It is the place where love is the cup we should be drinking from. As with everything else in this imperfect life there can be joy and sadness in Christianity too. 


The image I  am sharing is of  Lizzie from Sugar Nellie. I have adjusted the Stamp so it is faint enough that the lines are all but invisible. It makes it harder to color but the results are remarkable.


As you can see the finished image is quite different from the expected. The image changed considerably. I think it is beautiful. The photo does not do the finished product justice at all.

The Copic colors are:


That is it for today's post. Remember to always "Love The Details" and stay safe and healthy. God Bless and keep you until next time.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for that quote and your thoughts Jim - my choice to follow Christ was the best one I ever made, and although there have been joys balanced by sorrows since, I have a firm footing in Christ that carries me through them all.
    Loving your stunning colouring of the image - that is amazing
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a thought provoking post, my friend, and an absolutely stunning image. As you know, I too dislike the word religion, instead preferring faith.

    Hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very thought provoiking! And you are right this photo does not do this finished project justice...

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.