Pages

Followers

Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Possessions

Have you ever given any thought to what you want in life? Are possessions your focus? Are riches your focus? Is knowledge or fame your focus? Look around you. What have you collected or amassed that will be going with you to the grave? What will be here for those who will be left behind? were they the reason for what you have gathered together? What other questions have you asked yourself as you travel the paths set before you in this life? The Brainy Quote this week says it all for me. We all come into this world wanting things. We spend our lives wanting things and eventually wanting things we cannot have. Possessions are only temporary. They exist only so long as we are on this earth. They cease to exist when we return to the earth. For us they are temporary. When our body no longer has life in it what will we be taking with us when we pass from this life? All of our possessions will be left behind for someone else to enjoy or not. Do you believe in life after death? What will you take with you to that life when you enter into it? Some of the richest and fullest lives have few possessions but are rich in the life they live and share. Possessions tend to make us selfish and jealous of others. This in turn takes away from the fullness of the riches inside us. Do you ever feel empty inside. Could it be the kind of riches you have stored within? The best way to fill the void inside is to fill it with love, compassion and devotion for others and, especially for Jesus.
Today I am sharing a redo of a Sugar Nellie image. It saddens me that Sugar Nellie is no longer in business. They were one of my all time favorites. This is Lizzie.

Copid colors: 

That is it for this week. Remember to always "Love The Details" and God bless.

4 comments:

  1. This is an excellent post Jim as I was raised to always want more, more, more and to never be satisfied. Problems was, I wasn't like that so that made me the black sheep of the family. I was satisfied with what I had, I didn't want more and more. I watched my mother keeping up with the Jones', working my step father to the bone and she was never happy. Ever. Her material possessions never made her happy. My half sister is the same way. It hurts my heart that my mother couldn't find happiness, same with my sister. I loved my life, still do. It is simple, was simple when Dwayne was alive. We lived a simple life, live in a simple small home but I am happy because I didn't even think I'd ever own a home. I am happy because I have wonderful people around me that support me. I am happy because doing simple things like making a card gives me pleasure. You can see where I'm going with this! I am happy because the Lord lives in me and is always with me. I'm so happy I am the black sheep because I love being happy. Wish Dwayne was still with me, but the Lord had other plans there. Yes, I do love this post Jim-very good one! Now for your little Lizzie, oh my word she is beautiful!!! Your coloring has blown my mind as she looks like a painting. So soft, so realistic, just so gorgeous! I am so in love with this little girl and it is sad that this stamp company is no longer in business. Hugs and blessings, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always said that love is the greatest gift you can give another, closely followed by trust. Without them, everything else is worthless.

    I agree with Brenda... Lizzie looks as if she's a painting.

    Love and hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true Jim, so very true. Some of the most materialistically rich people are the most unhappy and 'empty' people on this planet. Conversely, some of the most content are those with little who share what little they have with great joy!! And that joy frequently is rooted and grounded in the love of Jesus!
    Beautifully coloured image Jim. That is incredible work
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully said. I likie all of the above comments too.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.