Pages

Followers

Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Solomon's Request

 


Each week I strive to touch on something that has been encountered during the week before. This week I am commenting on a subject that has been an ongoing thing throughout my life. I am as guilty as anyone in committing this error. How often do you read something and incorporate it into what you think is a bit of wisdom only to find out later it was bogus? How willing are you to remove that bogus information from your life in favor of the truth? As the Quote above says wisdom is not from books alone. Wisdom is often a learned life experience and is more often than not variable in its use and understanding. Wisdom should be something we ask for from the Lord to guide us in our path through life. Wisdom is often the path to knowledge. It is what Solomon asked for so that he could be a true leader and guide for God's people, the Israelites. (2 Chronicles 1:10-12) Wisdom is not something that we know we have or are using. It is the fool that thinks he is wise when all those around him only see a fool. Knowledge from a book is nothing more that knowledge from a book. How that knowledge is put to use may or may not be wisdom. Wisdom will directly benefit those other than the wise man in most cases. God loves the person who seeks wisdom to serve others. Knowledge without wisdom is only knowledge. Seek wisdom, God's wisdom, to prosper in this life as well as the life to come.

This image has been in my pile of uncolored images for some time. It intimidated me. Not really sure where it came from but it is beautiful and challenging. It is obviously a drawing. Such talent I wish I had. 


The Copics used:



That is it for this week. May the good Lord hold you close and bless you always. Remember to "Always Love The Details."

3 comments:

  1. Yes, wisdom is needed in this world, and knowledge, wisdom and discernment are all needful gifts of God to be able to live for His glory.
    What amazing colouring on this beautiful image Jim - well done
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is often difficult to know what is factual these days, particularly since some of the seemingly trustworthy fact checking sites are totally skewed toward their own agenda.

    Stunning coloring as always.
    Love and hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wisdom, knowledge...two very different things for sure. I wish I had more wisdom, I think many of us do. My knowledge isn't any better, but would prefer wisdom over knowledge. So I pray for knowledge when I feel I really need it as I feel only the Lord can give it to me. I guess some people have wisdom with age, I am not one of those people. That is a beautiful image Jim and I love how you have colored her! Hugs and blessings, Brenda

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.