Pages

Followers

Tuesday, March 8, 2022

The Word

 Ephesians 1:9


When I was drawn into creating a blog back in 2014 I had no idea why I should consider such an enterprise. At that time the coloring skills I had were rough and there were few supplies to color with. My DW had been blogging for several years and asked me to help by coloring some of her stamped images to use in her card making. I said OK and from that time on I was hooked, fascinated with the idea of being a part of her joy of creating cards. Over time the craft supplies grew as did the tools to color the images and I even created a card or two. Eventually I was told I should create my own blog by several of her blogging friends but I saw no reason to do so since she already had one I could contribute to. Eventually I gave in and created the blog you now are reading. It was quite different from its present form because I devised an alter ego to use named Cherokee. My parents had often insisted our family had Native American ancestry. They never told me what nation or tribe that was from but I do believe them. They are long gone as are any of my family or relatives that would know such things. 

After several years of using the alter ego I felt guilty for the way I used Cherokee on the blog. He was retired soon after. The blog eventually evolved into the place of sharing it is today. The Lord does things in a strange way to our thinking but it is His way of bringing us together. I know there are many more visitors than commenters but that is ok. It is nice to know He is reaching many more ears than I could buy just sharing here at home. The Word is important to share. He has been so generous in so many ways. Sometimes we meet someone that is not what we expected ( poor, humble, quiet, hard to look at, dirty or some other unexpected feature ) but find ourselves captivated in the beauty of their simplicity and faith. I would hope that is the way you see this world and this blog. 

I will post a bit of artwork next month. Until then, remember to "Always Love The Details" and may God always Bless and keep you safe.

4 comments:

  1. I have always enjoyed your blog Jim, and have enjoyed it no matter the content.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always loved yours and Jill's blogs and of course, both of you too xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember well when you had the name "Cherokee" on your blog Jim, I was told too, there is Native American ancestry in my bloodline as well, but not Cherokee, would be Indians from SC. Anyway, I loved your blog then and I really love it today as you always have thought provoking posts on the Lord. The Lord works in mysterious ways and He brings people into and out of our lives for a reason. Yes, it is good that people are visiting and not always commenting, for it means your words are getting out there about the Lord. And if you reach just one person and your words help them within their life, then you have done good!!! I also love how far your coloring has came, it is always a treat to see what you have colored. Hugs & Blessings, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. As youn know I love that you color my images. But I also love the fact that we have these things to share...Cardmaking and our blogs. I'm sure there are some couples that wouldn't understand that. But it seems to work for us, and I am so glad that it does!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.