Pages

Followers

Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Dreams

 I had a visit to my cardiologist this past Wednesday and got a shock about my health. I had said two years ago that I was told I had a silent heart attack by the local urgent care and hospital. I never followed up with a visit to a cardiologist. My new doctor (the previous doctor moved and is semi retired) insisted I see one. Apparently she wanted to verify a recent 2D cardiogram and what she was seeing. The cardiologist informed me that I did not have a heart attack. I can only assume my very high blood pressure, over 225, at the time apparently caused my heart to do things that mimicked a heart attack. The Lord works in ways that are a mystery to us. I was living a life according to that belief. I am now back to walking my 5 miles or more a day, at the cardiologist's insistence, and taking care of today with more awareness of the Lord's love for us. May He be praised and adored forever.

Now back to my message for this week  




There are times when it seems we wax philosophical and our daydreams are all we have. There are also times when our day dreams are where we go to escape the realities in our lives. We find escape and hope in those same day dreams. Dreams have their purpose in life but they are not the end in themselves. Today is a special day and dreams are not what caused it to be. Dreams have always been a part of our spiritual life. Dreams were used in the bible for many purposes. The prophets were spoken to in dreams and they interpreted dreams God gave to others. (Daniel 1:17 & 2:1) Dreams were used as an excuse by the false prophets to turn the people away from Yahway. In Jesus's day dreams were used to tell the magi not to go back to Herod. (Matthew 2:12) Even today dreams can be something we should pay attention to. Granted it is not very prevalent but it wasn't in biblical days either. Dreams play an important part in our sleep. Rem sleep is vital to our health. Dreamers are the ones who often lead the way to better living as well as disaster. Dream away if you must but always live in the reality of life. 

Today I am sharing an image found on Digital Tuesday some years ago. It is still a good place to find nostalgic prints to color. These are delphiniums. This was a fun image to color.  


The Copics used are:


That is it for this post. May the good Lord bless and keep you safe. Remember to always "Love The Details."

4 comments:

  1. You are right Jim, dreams can be important, but we need to live in relationship with the Lord and let him guide our dreams and daydreams, and our daily lives as we live in this world.
    Love your colouring of the image
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. great news about your cardiac health !! God is good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous coloring, as always and you're spot on with your comments about dreams.
    Hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad the Lord took care of that heart reading Had you followed up you would have been put on numerous meds and the hamster wheel starts The truth would never have been found God bless ….Lis

      Delete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.