Pages

Followers

Tuesday, November 29, 2022

No message, Just Pictures

Today I am Sharing some pictures taken when we shared our daughter's birthday at Longwood Gardens. These were globe that cycled through the spectrum of colors. The photos aren't great but they give you an idea of the spectacle outside the conservatory entrance.



This is a side view from the entrance. The front was so crowded there was no room to take the frontal view.


These trees are always decorated just inside the entrance and are a favorite to take personal photos in front of.


We, of course had to do the expected.


Imagine this next two views with people so packed together that you could only go in the direction they were moving. The closer you get to Christmas that is the way it gets with the crowds. It is impossible to take pictures.



This next batch is of the shallow pool, only a few inches deep, that is decorated to the max.






This is a side display room. 


This is a corridor leading to the orchid house.


These are amaryllis growing in a pot with deciduous plants.

This is the orchid house. It is four walls of blooming orchids. Heaven!


I didn't take as many pictures as I usually do. My camera was not focusing properly in the low light. That will be very apparent in the last few pictures of the outside light show.

This is looking toward the Garden entrance.


This was a tunnel of lights that constantly changed in design and colors.





This is a view looking through the tunnel.


More of the lights on the grounds.


This next display was a cage with a light in it. It was designed to cast an intricate shadow on the ground. Amazing!



The last of the pictures are of the display going to the lake and field beyond. Sorry I didn't take any of the lake or the walk back. Jill and I were ready to call it a night at this point.





These were the best of the pictures I took. I hope you enjoyed them and I didn't bore you too much. That will do it for this week, Yay!!!

May the good Lord bless and keep you safe. Remember to always "Love The Details."

5 comments:

  1. What an fascinating place Jim - those lights are amazing!!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures gave me the chills they're so beautiful! What a wonderful and fairy tale type place. Just breathtaking beautiful!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pix... it's great to see you both, too! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE you photos of the gardens Jim!!! I especially love the photo of you and Jill. I have been once, it was around Christmas but in the daytime. We left at dusk, so only saw the outside lights on the trees. Looks gorgeous at night from your photos. I loved the one room where we sat and sang carols, that was so fun. So much to see and do! Loved the shallow water pools when they decorated with nuts and apples, etc. I took a ton of photos myself the time I went. But it is very tiring with all the walking and it does indeed get crowded, probably even more so at night! Thanks for sharing your amazing photos Jim! Hugs and Blessings, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would never get tired of seeing photos from this fabulous place! So glad you put them on your blog. Hope we get to go there again in the spring!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.