Pages

Followers

Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Omnipotent

 

Omni means in all ways or things. Potent means having great power. Omnipotent means having unlimited power or able to do anything. Why have I broken down this word. I wanted to bring home the description of God as "omnipotent." It is the only way we as finite beings can grasp the unimaginable that our God represents. Our bible often describes things He does that are seemingly impossible. Because we can't grasp that we tend to discount it as fact. We often take the position of "show me" putting Him to the test. Beware the danger of doing this because you may get what you ask for and it will not be pleasant. It is not beyond His power to wipe the slate clean and start over. This brings us to the other word often associated with omnipotent when describing God, benevolent. The word means to wish well. (I used to think it meant "to put up with" which in my case may have been somewhat true.) In other words to wish us everything that is beneficial to our well being. Does this sound like a God who likes to kill and destroy or one who would love and protect His creation? It is not true that He prefers to hurt destroy. Yes it is something He will do but not what He would choose to do. Last week I said God is love. Love would rather protect, cherish, guide and share affection. It is a two way street. The key word for this is choice. It is our choice to accept the love offered to us or to reject it. This is true in this life as well as the spiritual life. Where do you stand in your beliefs of who God is? Do you need to be shown "miracles" or proofs of that love? I look back at my life and see all of the negative that has become the positives and the love is apparent. Living life provides more than enough proof of that love. If there are still negatives then it may be that I need to let go and Let God in those areas. 

Once again we are going to Digital Tuesday for our image. I love the old images for their nostalgic appearance. This one is a rose called "Pearl of The Garden". According to the images found it is a white rose with bright yellow highlights. My DW loves yellow. 


The Copic colors used are:


DW says I am a brute for punishment since I pick the hard images to do. You can't become better at something if all you do is the easy things. We never become perfect but we can become better. In Christianity it is like art, it is a learning process. 

That is it for this week. Have a great Thanksgiving and may the good lord keep you safe and healthy. Remember to always "Love The Details."

3 comments:

  1. Another beautiful image - and colored to perfection! So pretty. Yellow roses are my very favorite too.
    Hope you and Jill have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree with you Jim - and omnipotent is such a wonderful word - as are omnipresent and omniscient when worshipping God. I so appreciate the way you pen your thoughts.
    Your colouring is once again amazing
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful and thought provoking xoxo

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.