Pages

Followers

Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Sentiments

 

I spent most of a day going through all of the cards sent to me and that I made and kept for later use. After reading them and filing them away for safe keeping it left me with a sense of calm thankfulness. The quote above is correct in most cases but not all cases. There are those individuals that put their hearts into the cards they send out. The sentiment, verse, poetry or whatever they created or chose the for the card was from the heart. They may not even have much else to give so they send out a card. To not appreciate or be thankful for the thoughtful gift of that card would be a travesty, a slight to the beauty of the heart of that person. I realize there are those that send cards for other reasons and purposes but there are those who send cards and choose sentiments from the heart. Our blogs are much the same as cards we create or purchase and send out. They are a sharing of self that can't be done in any other way. For most it is not possible to travel to where others live and meet in person. Card sharing and blog sharing give us a way to share ourselves with one another. I don't know about you but it is a blessing to know those that do this kind of sharing and giving. For me it is a positive way of giving some of who I am in a way that could not happen any other way.   

I spent the better part of a day trying to find where on Pinterest this image came from to no avail. It was colored and shared with a friend. They liked it so much I gave it to them for their kindness over the years. 


For some reason the colors the camera picked up are different than the image. They are not homogenous, free flowing and blended. The image is signed just above the shoulder on the right. It is not legible. 

The Copic colors used are:


That is it for this week. May the good Lord bless and keep you sale. Remember to always"Love The Details."

5 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful post and beautiful boy. Regardless of whether the colors are transposed correctly, you've brought him to life.
    Hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful picture of that little boy. Sorry the photo did not do it justice, this happens often. Have a great week, take care, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is simply breathtaking! WOW!!! I LOVE!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you touched on this subject Jim. It is true, people who make or even some people who buy cards, will take hours to pick the right images, the right sentiment or the right store bought card. Pouring over the selections for the perfect one that says what their heart is trying to say. Not every one can travel to meet up with a blog buddy as much as they want to, but blogging has brought so many people together and made lifelong friendships. How amazing is that?! Besides, isn't sending a well thought through card, whether store bought or handmade a single lovely action? Not to mention what we hand write in the card besides the sentiment. Yes, I loved this post Jim and I hope people see this and think of the lovely action they are doing for someone. I was just looking at all the sympathy cards I got when Dwayne pass and the ones when he was trying to survivor. People I didn't know, people I only know from blogland, people in our lives, etc....all very comforting to me because they took the time to think of us. Very powerful if you ask me and I hope cards never go by the wayside.

    This image is gorgeous and your coloring has brought it to life! I'm partial to boys...maybe because I raised 6 boys. So I'm in love with this image. Your coloring is flawless looking. When I use alcohol inks, do blending and then photograph it, you can see my blending. I know you said the camera didn't pick up the right colors and that they are not homogenous or free flowing and blended. Maybe not, but you still brought this little guy to life and I love him! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post. You and I have been so fortunate to meet some of our blogging friends in real life. Who would have ever thought that would happen. I started my blog many years ago...thinking that no one would even look at it...To my delight it also gave lots of kind thoughts from many lovely blogging people.
    You know that your wife, was one of those people who would spend a long time in a card store reading them all. When I sent it a card it wasn't just because it had a beautiful picture, etc. It also had to have a heart felt saying.
    You also know how much I love this image and you are right...It is so much more special when you can see your coloring of it in real life.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.