Pages

Followers

Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Age

The above quote is important in many ways. As we age it becomes very relevant in life. I found it interesting that change is a thing to be feared instead of embraced mainly due to the speed at which it is progressing. It would seem that the technologies being developed are advancing without regard to the consequences being considered. The results of the atomic weapons used in war are a good example. True atomic power has a myriad of peaceful uses but is also destructive on a scale that is mind boggling. Scientists are on the verge of developing atomic fusion reactors that make our current power plants look like toys. AI (artificial intelligence) is being developed at a breakneck speed. That is truly scary. Where is all of this going? There is nothing I can do about any of these things. Back in Jesus' day it was mostly the power and cruelty of the Romans, the cold power and greed of the Jewish Sanhedrin, disease, poverty and the condition of the human spirit. The time may have changed but the conditions haven't. Only the players have. Fear and age would seem to magnify one another. Why are you so afraid? (Mark 4:40) Do not fear of sudden disaster or of the ruin that overtakes the wicked, for the Lord will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being snared. (Proverbs 3:25,26) God gave us a spirit of power, love and self discipline not a spirit of fear. (2 Timothy 1:7) We are not to fear those who can kill the body but not the soul. (Matthew 10:28) We are given a promise of sonship not a spirit of slavery to fear. (Romans 8:15) We are given a spirit of peace if we but accept it. (John 14:27) We cannot control where this world is headed. We can control where we are headed and where our spirits are destined to be.

No image this week. Next week I will share another o0f the Moontear images. 

May the good Lord Bless and Keep you safe until then. Remember to "Always Love The Details"

4 comments:

  1. So well said, my friend.
    Love and hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I certainly needed to hear this Jim. I dwell on the bad things which I know I can't control, but it worries me all the same. I have my faith, so why do I worry? I wish I knew, but I am learning to let things go that I have no control over. Old habits can be hard to break though, but I am doing better. Thanks for this post, definitely food for thought! Hope you and Jill are staying safe and well with all that is going on. Hugs & blessings, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you friend. Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true... so glad that God is in control, and I have the assurance of my place in Him.
    Sorry I'm late commenting - a bout of double pneumonia and a week in hospital has put paid to my plans of late...
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.