Pages

Followers

Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Impressions

 

Life is not a place to slide through without a care. Life is not a place lacking in pain or compassion. Life is not a place where answers are freely available. Life is a place to learn, to grow and change into the spiritual being we were created to be.

          Life    

As the sun sets, so life rises and sets.

The four seasons of life are here,

And in a breath, have passed and gone.

All too short is the beginning of life.

              

The springtime comes and goes

With hardly a noticed breath or glance.

Childhood comes and is but a memory

And is gone before it can be captured.

              

All too soon comes the summer

With all its sudden growth and vigor.

Hardly has it begun than it has passed;

The fun of growing and maturing ended.

              

In the span of a breath autumn is here

And harvest of summer plantings begin.

Memories and happy celebrations

Have matured and come into maturity.

              

Soon winter is here and life slows

To prepare for the coming of spring.

We slow in the winter of our journey

To prepare for the coming journey.

              

Life comes, lingers and passes on

To a newness and fullness unknown.

The birth of a new life in this life

That will bloom for all eternity.


Unheard

              

The night rests in silent stillness,

Awaiting every breath that is drawn

While the earth obeys You patiently

Until You call upon the dawn.

 

Tassels, spires of field grass dance

In rhythm to a windswept song

As thunder roars, lightening flashes,

Adding their voices to the throng.

 

Midnight skies, with diamonds twinkling,

Adorn Your head round about,

Crystal clear as loves sweet whispers,

Honoring You without a doubt.


                                              Trust Me

 

Much suffering and loneliness

Has preceded the finding of new life.

Much has been felt and experienced

Since the surrender to Christ.

No end is in sight for me.

But only death on the cross.

I rejoice in this for life teaches

How to share through life's experiences.

 

I cry out in pain with each stroke

Of life's lash of impersonal tribulations.

Weeping with each passing intermission

With exuberance of spirit and joy of heart.

The bitter taste of salted tears

Lingers on at each place of crucifixion

As the life of my old ways slip away

And the freshness of new life settles in.

 

As surely as the nails of Christ

Pierced His hands and feet through,

Affixing Him to the cross of wood,

I too am nailed to the cross of life.

Death of and to self is my companion

Constantly for the rest of my days,

Purifying and renewing my soul,

With peace and love the new foundation.

 

The curtain of the Holiest of Holies

Has been split top to bottom each time

I am crucified and separated from self

To reveal the mysteries of God and Christ.

Renewed pain of self-sacrifice renews

And strengthens the need for dependence

On the Son of the living God, Jesus Christ,

Answering His call of "Trust in Me."

-----

               It is only important that I am. Any result of being who I am is but a reflection of who I used to be; the result of I was. What I am now I may not be a moment from now. What I was I am no longer.

-----

      What would I say that would mean anything if I had not first begun to live the very words I am speaking?

-----

      I cannot learn until I have lived. I do not learn as I live but because I have lived. How my step forward lands tells me how I have lived.

-----

                      From what place do I come? Where do I

                   travel to? My life seems to lack fancy

                   frills yet is filled with beauty untold.

                   Even by my words I fail to share a life

                   so diverse. No man of degrees am I but a

                   liver of life complete. My life is short,

                   my faults many, though I am perfectly who

                   I am.


All Writings are ãcopyrighted


Another Image from Moontear. The coloring on the original is better than the photo. It is not known why the color seem washed out.

The colors used are;


That is it for this week. May the good Lord Bless and Keep you safe. Remember to "Always Love The Details."

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful words! Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your words and coloring are magical. Thank you!
    Love and hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some wonderful depth and understanding of the spiritual life and Christ in your words Jim - I really enjoyed/appreciated this post
    Your colouring is amazing, albeit the photo has paled in comparison to the original
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another beautiful image that's colored to perfection. I'm loving each and every one of these you post.
    Loving life too. It's too short. Your words are beautiful.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your words are as beautiful as your artwork! They really are food for thought. As always your coloring is superb particularly the eyes of each of these images as well as the preserved details in the image. These are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You need to put all of these writings in a book form Jim. I am so happy you have shared them with us and I'm so happy I finally made it over here to catch up and read them! They are just beautiful and thought provoking and so true. I can't even express how they make me feel! Another gorgeous coloring Jim, I think she looks beautiful, so I can only imagine how beautiful your coloring is in real life! Hugs and blessings, Brenda

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.