Pages

Followers

Wednesday, October 25, 2023

More from the journal

From The Book That Never Was

 The wellsprings of love within the heart often surprise us with their depth. Though we are often shallow in thought or word, what comes from the unseen depths of our heart can be hard to bear. How do we define what is there except to mutter all sorts of unintelligible things that attempt to give flight to the flightless or define the unseen and immortal. Words fail miserably where a look, a touch, a caress, a hug or a kiss are much more complete. Why then do we bother with words other than "I love you?" They are wasted effort when lovers are together and only a valiant attempt when they are apart. Only by their presence can love seat itself in their hearts, take root and grow into beautiful perfection. Only then does what was sown become inseparable and forever part of them. Love becomes who they are.

Creation Anew

 

O' the depth of the perfection

That is the agony of souls.

Unquenchable is Your thirst

As You rend my mortal body.

 

Your weapon has found its mark

And I am deeply wounded.

My heart has been pierced

Spilling my life to the dust.

 

Affliction comes to affliction;

Settling upon my weary shoulders.

Abandonment is my lot.

Suffering is my reward.

 

I am broken, trampled low,

Cast aside and forgotten.

I am burned in Your anger.

Your eyes sear my flesh.

 

I quake to the depths

At the sound of Your voice.

Your breath howls fiercely

Tearing reality asunder.

 

Lightening splits the heavens,

Thunder shakes its foundations

As You approach in Your glory

To gather Your victory harvest.

 

Peace ensues in silence

Deafening in its portent.

The splendor of Your presence

Brings stillness to my heart.

 

I am weak! My strength is gone!

No more shall I resist You.

All of the deceit and deception

Is lifted from my burden.

 

Hatred and malice suddenly vanish

In the delicacy of Your smile.

Strength returns in the glow

Of Your beckoning call.

 

Fear of You has been transformed

To love as life returns to me.

You have renewed my strength

As you become a part of me.

 

You have beckoned! Come!

I heard and have answered

As a new bride does her husband;

In humility just to be near You.

 

You kept me for Your own.

Saved me for Your own.

Love is mine forever and ever

With my new loving creator.

***********

                      Solitude, "the desert experience,"

                   is life giving. It is the freshness of

                   touching new life within myself. It is

                   the peace in dedication to loving union

                   between God, Spirit, nature, man and

                   self. It is the flowing conversion into

                   song of simple beauty beyond word or

                   expression. It is the stripping of self

                   into the naked real me.


Still another image from Moontear.

The Copic colors used are:


The pen below the T2 marker is Marvy Gold and was used on her blouse.

That is it for this week. May the good Lord bless you and keep you safe. Remember to "Alway Love The Details."

4 comments:

  1. Everything is absolutely stunning, as always
    Love and hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting post! I’ve noticed as I’ve aged that words aren’t spoken as much. When life is lived with the understanding that most people mean well, then doubts and concerns take a back seat, and so do words spoken unnecessarily. I do believe it comes more so with age in most cases. However, blessed is the one who figures it out early!!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.