Pages

Followers

Wednesday, July 31, 2024

The beat goes on.

{How True!!!! This post is being created on my old computer, which I kept as a backup to use when things go haywire on the new computer. I had built my computers in the past, component by component. The last three computers were all purchased from large companies and all three were a major disappointment for me. They seem to have the idea that EVERYONE loves their bloatware (their fix everything software). All that software does is eventually mess up your system causing you to need their techs to fix their mess and to keep you buying there service contracts. That is the mess I find myself in on the computer I use for everything, including writing this blog. Thank goodness for my old computer. It is my creation with no bloatware and only useful programs to do what needs to be done.} 

2 Corinthians 4:7-15

4:7 But we have this treasure in clay jars, so that the extraordinary power belongs to God and does not come from us. 4:8 We are experiencing trouble on every side, but are not crushed; we are perplexed, but not driven to despair; 4:9 we are persecuted, but not abandoned; we are knocked down, but not destroyed, 4:10 always carrying around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be made visible in our body. 4:11 For we who are alive are constantly being handed over to death for Jesus’ sake, so that the life of Jesus may also be made visible in our mortal body. 4:12 As a result, death is at work in us, but life is at work in you. 4:13 But since we have the same spirit of faith as that shown in what has been written, “I believed; therefore I spoke,” we also believe, therefore we also speak. 4:14 We do so because we know that the one who raised up Jesus will also raise us up with Jesus and will bring us with you into his presence. 4:15 For all these things are for your sake, so that the grace that is including more and more people may cause thanksgiving to increase to the glory of God. 4:16 Therefore we do not despair, but even if our physical body is wearing away, our inner person is being renewed day by day. 4:17 For our momentary, light suffering is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison 4:18 because we are not looking at what can be seen but at what cannot be seen. For what can be seen is temporary, but what cannot be seen is eternal.

Biblical Studies Press, The NET Bible First Edition; Bible. English. NET Bible.; The NET Bible (Biblical Studies Press, 2005), 2 Co 4:7–18.

The quote today certainly fits what most of us experience in our day to day existence. It is good to remember that what we go through isn't for no reason. The bible quote tells us that how we handle our situations is important for the end result, what we can't see. Just because we can't see something does not mean it does not exist. The unseen world is where we are going to be when this world ends for us. This world is a stopover, a way station, a classroom. The bits and pieces shared in this blog are not the whole or the end of the story. Each of you are the ongoing story. Read the shared verses above again and let them speak to you. They are the answer to the Brainy Quote above.

Today I am sharing a Scottish Highland Men image. It is one that I am sure the ladies will like.

The Copics used are;


The pen in the upper right corner is a Copic multiliner 0.05 black. 

That is it for this week. May the good Lord bless and keep you. Remember to "Always Love The Details."

12 comments:

  1. Hi Jim... vs 4:16 is so true - I am feeling the 'wearing away' of this mortal coil quite a bit at the moment! But, that said, God is good and I know he walks beside me - and that in His time I will be in his presence forever! A wonderful thought.
    Hmmm, must be getting old, I prefer the more 'textured' faces of the older men you have shown :). This guy is right handsome, but no depth of life there - fabulous colouring as ever.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are mine as well. Not getting old, just discriminating. I also like the "I have lived the good life" look of this type of image.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the encouraging words reminding us to live our best lives while we're here. This colored image is simply amazing like all of them that you bring to life with your Copics. I enjoy each and every one of them. Thank goodness for your old computer too! Wishing you a good week ahead filled with many blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for the tech issues. Technology is amazing when it works, but a nightmare when it doesn't. As always, though, your words and coloring are thought provoking.
    Love and hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tech problem is partially solved. Am now able to use the new machine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find these verses from 2 Corinthians so uplifting today, Jim. May our faith in what we cannot see guide us through each day of our lives.
    Your painting is incredible as always! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, this old lady likes him, but he's a bit too young for me.... I bought a new HP Laptop. After 3 days I went back to my old one, the new one was rubbish! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your faithfulness. God Bless you.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your quotes Jim, food for thought. This image is amazing as always. That hair just blows me away! How you get the strands has me studying it for quite some time. And the colors, that is some amazing blending of colors and coloring of details. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Querido amigo, hermoso post, tus palabras son sanadoras, y si ese hombre tiene el alma y el corazón bello me gusta.
    No me guio por la belleza externa, muchas veces es engañosa.
    Abrazos y besos, que Dios te bendiga

    ReplyDelete
  10. Querido amigo, maravilloso post, es un placer leerte
    Tus letras llegan al alma.
    Cariños y besos, que tengas un hermoso día

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hermoso post, una delicia leerte
    Cariños y besos

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.