Pages

Followers

Monday, May 26, 2014

May 25, 2014 I Am

I exist and therefore I Am.

 We know what we are, but know not what we may be. - William Shakespeare

 Have you ever wondered what your purpose in life is or where you are going? Have you ever stopped to ask yourself "who am I?" Have you ever stopped and said "I want to go here" when here is somewhere clouded in mystery or unclear? Is it a destination that someone else has achieved or is striving for? Have you set your sights on something invisible or undefined? We all have our dreams and expectations in life. Some are realistic some are not. Some will achieve what they perceive as their "goal" and are not happy there. Some have gotten there at "all cost" and have found the prize wanting. Actually most of it is empty. What we expect in life is constantly changing and our goals will never be fully realized. That may be an uneasy or even defeating realization and feeling. I have looked at many things and said that would be nice or that would be great. Is that where you are happiest, in the world of dreams? My word study brought me to a surprising place. In scripture Moses asks God to tell him His name. Depending on what scripture you read it appears in different forms but they all stem from the same place. "I AM WHO IS." What God is telling Moses is I Am and therefore Who I Am. The past, the  present and the future. The happiest people I know are those who just know that they just are. The past, present and future will take care of itself and they are here in this moment. They are those who would tell you if asked, "I just am." I Am, are you?

Moses then said to God, ‘Look, if I go to the Israelites and say to them, “The God of your ancestors has sent me to you,” and they say to me, “What is his name?” what am I to tell them?’ God said to Moses, ‘I am he who is.’ And he said, ‘This is what you are to say to the Israelites, “I am has sent me to you.” ’ God further said to Moses, ‘You are to tell the Israelites, “Yahweh, the God of your ancestors, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.” This is my name for all time, and thus I am to be invoked for all generations to come.

The New Jerusalem Bible. (1985). (Ex 3:13–15). New York: Doubleday.


This past week has been a struggle in some ways. Through all of it we all must endure. Today is the here and now that is to be lived. The card I am sharing tonight has been one that most of you can relate to. It started out easy and turned into mistakes, mis-queues, errors, cover ups and just about everything that can go wrong with a card. I am not going to tell you what they are since I have jabbered enough already. Here is the card. 


The Image was colored several months ago. It is from Inky Impressions. Meet Nickie. This is a fairly new company and has some of the nicest images around. Give the a look. This image is a sweetie don't you think?



  I am fairly happy with this card. I did this over several days when there was time. There is  a lot going on here as you can see. I have to confess it is nothing like what I wanted to do but if it could go wrong it did. 

The list of materials is rather long so here it is.

Image "Shy Little Nickie" by Inky Impressions
Copic colors: G02, R43, B24, B91, E0000, E000, E00, E25, E33, E57, E95, E97, E99, R000, RV000, RV11, RV13, RV95, T3, T5, T8, 100
Copic Multiliner Maroon 0.03 & Black 0.05
Verifine Black Onyx stamp ink
Glitzy Glitter Cardstock Stack
Tim Holtz Doily Stencil THS018
IO Die  172-1
Gary M. Burlin & Co Clear Embossable Window Plastic
Spellbinder Oval Nestabilities Die

Well that is it for today. I will post again toward the end of this week or the beginning of next week God willing. Until then the LOVE THE DETAILS.

31 comments:

  1. Sounds as though the card 'fought' you - it happens to me at times and is really character building - I must admit though it is rather eye catching. :-).
    Thanks for your lead in article - sometimes I need to hear words like that and just relax and 'be' .
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your words are so true and really made me think, thank you!

    Your card is beautiful and she is coloured in lovely you wouldn't know that there was mistakes and errors, I've made plenty of cards like that :)
    I hope you have a better week this week,

    Vic x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving you card today and we all have projects like you have described but you see it turned out great in the end. There is a saying in the crafting world that if you never make a mistake it can always be put right with an embellishment !! Love and Happy Crafting Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed reading your post as always Jim. Great colouring as ever and a lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful tree photo and words! And such a lovely colored little girl and beautiful decorated card.
    Have a nice day,
    hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is wonderful and fab colouring as always huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the way you used that background with the stencil and a very cute image! Fantastic card.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even though you had some mistakes with this card, it has turned out really well, I like the sweet image the background and the tile effect.
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very sweet image & I like how your card turned out! The little tiles on the right side really look neat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A wonderful inspiring intro to your post once again. Just enjoying who we are is really the crux of life, but some times hard to come to. So just striving for it is an accomplishment in itself. Just adore your beautifulky coloured and designed card. Love the button detail.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh the stories I could tell related to your post! Great thoughts here my friend. Cute image - I don't see any mistakes - I just see a totally cute image, colored wonderfully, and a fun layout! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the sweet little image! I like all of the different elements! The right side looks like patio tiles! Helps me envision where she is sitting! I really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. such an inspiring post and your coloring always amazes me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I enjoyed reading your post very much! Your coloring is beautiful. I love to color images when I want to relax, it can be very therapeutic.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Simply stunning - both your words and this darling card! she is colored to perfection - love the shading you've created :) I really love your card, especially knowing that you stuck it out in spite of, as you say, everything going wrong! Yes, I can definitely identify and some times I have to fight not tossing them into the trash - in the end, your diligence makes us a little bit stronger and more worthwhile the card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thought provoking post! Sometimes it's too easy to forget what is really important in life and to worry about things we can't have or can't change, we forget just to 'be'.
    Your card is lovely, beautiful colouring of the sweet image and a great design.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. As usual your coloring amazes me, Jim! I especially love those little red bows!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute card, and I just love all those buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Another great post Jim, good thinking material :o~
    Love the card, and your colouring is wonderful, I would be pleased with it too.
    Lots of Prayers said for better days...and nights.
    Hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well I would also be pleased with this one if I were you!!! I love the image and the way you have coloured her, especially the hair (which I struggle with). Of course I love the fact that she is shy - just like moi!!!

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your words are evocative once again, Jim! I arrive at the "I am" statement...but forget to stop! I wind up with "I am not this" or I am not that" and...well, you know how things go haywire from there. I need to practice the "I am"; in fact, I need to remember the title of my blog - Just me: c - and be content in being precisely that...c...with all her warts, flaws, AND blessings! Your image despite the wrestles you experiences, turned out beautifully. Indeed, she is a sweetie, and you've conveyed that most wonderfully! Sending prayers your way that the struggles dissipate, and that you're restored to a place of peace, joy and harmony. Blessings~c

    ReplyDelete
  22. As always, thanks for a thought provoking post. Enjoyed reading this, and had to think to myself, "I believe one has to get a bit into the senior years to realize the entire truth of this". It's certainly true, and while it's wise to have goals to strive for & push oneself towards, you have to remind yourself that _this life_ can't be the end of it all. Each of us is unique, and here for some purpose. We may never have full realization of what that is to be exactly, although some of us will. Yet still have to keep in mind, there is a higher reason for our existence, and we belong to Him Who placed us here. He is, was & always will be. That's all we need to know I think. Loved your card. Great image, and I could not see one thing that should have made you feel it wasn't right, but I also understand we start with an idea of how we want it to turn out, & when it doesn't - just exactly - then we feel a bit dissatisfied. Gotta say, I think it's just your perception here! Cause the image is colored wonderfully and the card elements are so pretty. Well done. TFS & Happy Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful post, one of the things I took from this verse ..I am.. I am all that you need, I am the bread of life, I am living water, I am healer, redeemer.. Your card is beautiful, lovely image.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You did a wonderful job coloring this image! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wonderful little girl image. You have colored her up beautifully.
    Your details on the card are wonderful. She looks like she is hoping to see
    the plant grow some..........and re the yard work, we did that for two days straight and then we rested.....ha ha, had to, we could hardly walk.....

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  26. Worth all your effort! Sweet image!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is a great post! I am happy I am exactly where I want to be and who I want to be with in life, a great feeling!! Thanks for your ever and always wonderful comments!! Cooling is amazing!!!! I myself, am slowly gravitating to do more coloring!! LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful coloring, Jim! You have a way with thought-provoking words...Blessings! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Mr C
    Your image is coloured in beautifully and I can see no errors with my eyes. Sometimes we are our own worst critics.
    Have a great weekend.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  30. You colour so well and this little girl is a real sweetie!! I love all the different textures and embellishments and they work really well together. I had a card last night where everything went wrong, even to the point of doing it all again and then accidentally dropping my acrylic block right in the middle of it before stamping with black ink...ahhhhh! But I did it again as I can't rest until I complete the card that swimming in my head. I hope you use more stamps from the same company, would love to see them come to life in your hands.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your words about who we are and what we want I found so interesting to read. Recently I was talking to someone who took a trip of a lifetime, a cruise ship to an island where she got to do all sorts of guided touristy things. I gushed on and on about her trip, how fun that would be, all the memories that were made, the adventures that were had... you know all the things you say to someone who met a goal and had a fabulous time with it. Later I was shot down by someone else who said basically that I was a two-faced witch because she knows that I hate travel and don't see the point in visiting places. I was shocked because I can appreciate that other people like travel and going places and that it was a big deal for our friend. I was happy for her and I could see how such a trip could bring great joy. It is ludicrous to think that someone (me) would expect others to have the exact same goals, hopes, and dreams as me. And just because I don't want something for myself doesn't mean I can't see how it would make others happy. Everyone being different is what makes this world great. And who knows.... we are dynamic people. Maybe someday I'll take a trip of a lifetime and like it. ANYWAY... to the card that we can't tell all the things that went wrong with it. It is lovely. Shy little Nikki is darling and you've given her a great home on this card. I like all the faux buttons but best of all is the glitter inlaid into the die cut. Very nice!!!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.