Pages

Followers

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

June 5, 2014 Proclamed

“I have come to accept the feeling of not knowing where I am going. And I have trained myself to love it. Because it is only when we are suspended in mid-air with no landing in sight, that we force our wings to unravel and alas begin our flight. And as we fly, we still may not know where we are going to. But the miracle is in the unfolding of the wings. You may not know where you're going, but you know that so long as you spread your wings, the winds will carry you.”
C. JoyBell C.


No comment per se today. Instead I offer Psalm 34. The blue underlined words are the letters of the Hebrew alphabet.



PSALM 34

In Praise of God’s Justice

Of David, when he had feigned insanity before Abimelech, and Abimelech sent him away
Aleph
1. I will bless Yahweh at all times, his praise continually on my lips.
Bet
2. I will praise Yahweh from my heart; let the humble hear and rejoice.
Gimel
3. Proclaim with me the greatness of Yahweh, let us acclaim his name together.
Dalet
4. I seek Yahweh and he answers me, frees me from all my fears.
He
5. Fix your gaze on Yahweh and your face will grow bright, you will never hang your head in shame.
Zain
6. A pauper calls out and Yahweh hears, saves him from all his troubles.
Het
7. The angel of Yahweh encamps around those who fear him, and rescues them.
Tet
8. Taste and see that Yahweh is good. How blessed are those who take refuge in him.
Yod
9. Fear Yahweh, you his holy ones; those who fear him lack for nothing.
Kaph
10. Young lions may go needy and hungry, but those who seek Yahweh lack nothing good.
Lamed
11. Come, my children, listen to me, I will teach you the fear of Yahweh.
Mem
12. Who among you delights in life, longs for time to enjoy prosperity?
Nun
13. Guard your tongue from evil, your lips from any breath of deceit.
Samek
14. Turn away from evil and do good, seek peace and pursue it.
Ain
15. The eyes of Yahweh are on the upright, his ear turned to their cry.
Pe
16. But Yahweh’s face is set against those who do evil, to cut off the memory of them from the earth.
Zade
17. They cry in anguish and Yahweh hears, and rescues them from all their troubles.
Qoph
18. Yahweh is near to the broken-hearted, he helps those whose spirit is crushed.
Resh
19. Though hardships without number beset the upright, Yahweh brings rescue from them all.
Shin
20. Yahweh takes care of all their bones, not one of them will be broken.
Taw
21. But to the wicked evil brings death, those who hate the upright will pay the penalty. 
22. Yahweh ransoms the lives of those who serve him, and there will be no penalty for those who take refuge in him.


The New Jerusalem Bible. (1985). (Ps 34). New York: Doubleday.

This will be a short post today. I have created a note card today. The image is from Our Daily Bread called "The Grunge Cross". The image itself is deceptively difficult if you decide to color it completely. If you like a challenge, and I do, this will be fun.

Copic colors: R27, E41, BV13, BV11
Vision Elite Gold Gel Impact Pen

The gold was not very impressive when done with the Copics so it was colored over with the gel impact gold pen. Still unimpressive I know but it will serve as a background for an overlay. I stamped the image again and fussy cut the gold cross part to use as a stencil. I laid it over top of the image to be sure it would cover the parts I wanted and then I flipped it face down on the back of a sheet of AC Cardtock Gold glitter Paper, temporarily taped it down and fussy cut it out. I laid the new cross over the image to make sure it would work.

I took a piece of gray card stock and cut it to 3 3/16" X 4 13/16" and folded it in half. (I know it is precise but that is just the way it turned out) I cut white card stock 3.25" X 4.625" And folded it. I used Scor-Tape to fasten the gray cardstock to the white card stock. The same tape was used to fasten the image to the gray card stock. The glitter cross was glued to the image with Tombow Liquid glue. This is the result.
It just did not seem finished so I to a die cut from Memory Box and and used it to embellish the back of the card.
There you have it. A little note card from me to you. Except for the coloring it took about 2.5 to 3 hours to do. For me that is FAST. hope you like it. For now I will say thank you for visiting and please leave a comment. Remember to LOVE THE DETAILS. 

32 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful project!! I love Psalm 34, thanks for sharing!! Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Front and back look great! The grunge cross is so cool! Very unique! Love the interest the flourishes and splatters add! Great post! Thanks for stopping by my blog today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful and very creative I love the gold! Lovely words I find your blog very inspiring. Have a lovely day :)

    Vic x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the quote and the psalm - it is always interesting, and thought provoking, to read another translation. Love the way you have coloured the cross, and then added the sparkle! Amazing results.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab grungy cross Jim. The gold was an inspired choice - may you week bring you all that you hope for. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The glittered cross made all the difference in the world! So shiny and beautiful.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always amaze me with your fussy cutting with your exacto knife! (and don't cut yourself like I do! smile) Nicely done details...really like the opening paragraph...great food for thought!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So gorgeous Jim! huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning such an intricate design its so lovely love the cross and fantastic design Love and Happy Crafting Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jim I always enjoy your posts... always thought provoking and always inspirational! I especially loved reading Ps 34 from the New Jerusalem Bible! Your card is just beautiful! I love how you have pulled out the layers of this Grunge Cross with different colors, and your fussy cutting is a labor of love but that glittered gold is soooo worth the effort! It's beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The falling part is when the adventure occurs - good or bad you know you are on an adventure and it is exciting - I equally like the comfortable in my little nest feeling as well. Years ago, I was in a hot air balloon and the pilot told us we were going to have to crash into the side of a heavily forested mountainside. We were flying rather fast and he was talking fast trying to tell us how to position ourselves and bend so we would not crush each other and would have the least amount of damage to ourselves. You would think I would have panicked but I remember the most calm feeling came over me and I could physically feel God. It was a wonderful feeling! In the end, we didn't get hurt but I still remember this 30 years later. Fun memory - thanks for making me remember it today. Love, love, love the Gold Glitter cross - this is my favorite OBDB set but I never ordered it. Hugz - you and Jill have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an awesome design. Great post too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a really great look with the layered cross and text background! Nice job on the back of the card too! That's something I've never done.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just beautiful. Love the gold cross. Thank you for sharing Psalm 34, one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a spectacular grunge design and gold cross, Jim! Front and back are amazing! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, The Hebrew Alphabet always intrigues me.
    Psalm 34 is powerful.

    Your cards are amazing! Love what you did with this cross./

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautifully colored, Jim! I love the gold cross and your card design. I love verse 18...Blessings! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the glitter on the cross the best. I really like that die....off to look for it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks again Jim, so many of those verses have touch my heart over the years, that psalm is like a comfort blanket wrapped around me.
    Love the creation, you havd made a fabulous job of the cross. I have f2ound the Gold copic and thd promarker gold very dull and flat too. I also use a gold gel pen when I need too.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Hugs to you both xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. This Cross with a grunge looks amazing, I like the way you glitterified it :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning creation sweetie hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card - your colouring is amazing and I love how you decorated the back of your card too - hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, Jim, you're intricate cutting always amazes me! And the intricate coloring is equally as amazing! It would have taken me days, not hours!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Jim - I can see what you mean about the difficulties of colouring the layers on this image - there is so much interwoven detail, but your end result is awesome. The gold glitter on the Cross was a great decision!
    Have a happy day - Sylvia.

    ReplyDelete
  25. OH your words poured from the screen and into my heart - I, too, today used Psalms on my card/post as it just refreshes my soul and soothes open wounds - but truly He is that strength if we just reach out and allow that mercy to fill our hearts!
    I LOVE your cross card! So rich and vivid! I have this stamp set and have never done it justice as you have, you have just brought this card to life. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  26. thanks for that beautiful card for us!!
    kisses form california
    bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is so wonderful. Loved your words but love this image. The Cross is amazing!

    Wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh, Jim, I've been slow in commenting of late; sometimes things just get hectic. I'm feeling that 'unknowing' and at the moment, I've forgotten to spread my wings! Little wonder that busy, zany and crazy creep up! On the agenda: soaring!! Your card is glittery gorgeous; the investment of 2.5 - 3 hours (I agree, that's fast for me too, often!) is ever so appreciated! Thank you for the 'from you to us' card; thank you for *you* to us!! Blessings (and your comments on my card...abundant sparkle added to my day!!) Blessings~c

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is a work of art, Jim! Love how you used the grunge cross stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is really beautiful and I do love the glitter. Sorry I misunderstood who the friendship card was for, you have a very inspiring blog. I have to do some catching up this week, I spent the last week somewhat internet free, visiting with my daughter who came home for a visit. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh my heck! That glittered cross is the bomb! It took a ho-hum image to the highest level. Your fussy cutting and fussy detailed work was well worth it!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. A wonderful food for the soul intro. Just adore the mixed media feel to your gorgeous creation.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.