Pages

Followers

Monday, January 30, 2023

As promised

 

This image is two and a half days of work. There were many breaks in between to identify faint details and to choose colors. I guess my age is showing because of this but, as my end of post says, "Love the details". Doing justice to this image is just like trying to capture him on paper. IMPOSSIBLE! Love of Christ is something intangible within our hearts. He has many possible visages within our minds and hearts. If we had seen Him in person I have no doubts that he would not be as we would expect Him to be visually. I colored this image with love and care to show a possibility of His likeness. I am not completely happy with it but it is the best I could do. 


The Copic colors used are:


This is a MoonTear image as indicated on the image. The white portions of this image were very subtle and the CO & COO cool gray colors were used to make the intended image become clear. The skin shading was kept more tanned to be true to the area He lived in. The hair was difficult close to the shoulder because it was not very distinct but it was there.

Next week I will write a post and share yet another image from MoonTear. There are a few more of the Christ images coming in the future as well. Until then May the good Lord bless and Keep you safe. Remember to always "Love The Details."

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful coloring and a fantastic image too! LOVE!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, wow, wow!!!! I can see why this took several days to color Jim, one would definitely need to step back and study the image and pick colors. I love how this turned out-you picks amazing colors and did so awesome with the coloring. Yes, we all have a mental image of what Jesus looks like, but I don't think we can capture the kindness in His eyes, or the love. You definitely need to frame this and hang it. I know I would! Your skills with Copics are amazing Jim and I can't wait to see more images like this! Hugs & Blessings, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful, strongly masculine image for Christ... contrasted stunningly with the daisies. Your colouring is amazing Jim - thank you for being so very careful in bringing this image to us.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully done! I'm the fortunate one. I get to see these fabulous images in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, Jim. This is stunning and such a beautiful portrayal of our precious LORD and Savior. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today to comment on my rainbow/silhouette card. It means SO much to me that you're willing to pray for Mary. She was saved in 1985, and she loves the Lord very much. While I know where she's going when she leaves us, it's still so hard to watch her suffer through this terrible cancer. She also had a failed kidney and an "angel" donator (she didn't even know Mary - just heard her story and knew she was a match) offered her a kidney. That was several years ago now. Since then, her liver has begun to fail and now....the cancer. I truly cover your prayers for Mary. I know that God will bless our time together next week with lots of laughs, tears and happy memories. Thank you again, my brother, for taking the time to pray for Mary. I praise God for you.
    Your art is amazing...glory to God. I will be mindful to "Love the Details".
    Blessings,
    Karen L
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com - Personal Blog
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com - Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.