Pages

Followers

Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Decision

Last week I wrote about resolution making. The fulfillment of resolutions requires decisions. Those decisions make or break the path we take to fulfilling the resolution. Instead of a resolution I have decided to follow my dear wife and choose a word for the year. "Listen" is the word chosen. You must learn to be still to listen fully. This is the essence of what the word for the year means to me. The place in the bible that is my all time favorite for this is 1 Kings 19:3-13. Elijah, fearing Jezabelle's threat to kill him fled to a cave where he was instructed to go outside as the Lord was passing by. Horrific wind, fire and earth quake were experienced but the Lord was not in them. After this there was silence except for a gentle breeze. At this Elijah fell to his knees for this was the the voice of the Lord. That is what I seek. It is one of the reasons that being alone in solitude is important when praying to the Lord. It is one of the reasons these posts are often done when it is the middle of the night. The solitude and quiet. Listening for that soft gentle voice telling me what to write. It is a time when the hustle and bustle craziness of the daily rush is muted and silent. I wish I could tell you how many times I have started a post during the day and got up in the middle of the night ony to discard it and start over with a new post. That special gentle voice is only audible when we are still and listening for it. Yes it guides us during the day with all of the distractions but to truly hear it requires being still mentally and physically. These times are also the times when my heart and soul can praise our Lord and feel Him close. When He is close that is when that soft gentle voice can be heard.
Rather than a finished colored image this week I would like to share an image I got off the internet from ETSY. ( MoontearPrints ) It is a special image that I will be coloring between now and Easter. These are not free images. Please do not take them.
This is one of several I have purchased to color and share with you. I will also be sharing them with MoontearPrints when finished before it is posted.
That is it for this week. May the good lord bless and keep you safe. Remember to always "Love the Details."

5 comments:

  1. Loved this Jim - to be still is so important, and I often fall asleep praising and praying in the quiet of the evening.
    That image is so powerful - and not only was Jesus powerful, he was also humble and gentle...
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post and image... I look forward to seeing it when you share it. I've just purchased a number of adult coloring books to focus on over the year... and likely beyond.
    Love and hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a word for the year or even a new one each month is a better choice than a NY resolution, as most of the time they are unobtainable and people set themselves up for failure. "Listen" is a great word Jim! I too, find that I "listen" better in the peace and quiet of the night. Sometimes early morning, but mostly night. It is when I feel I can really talk to the Lord and "hear" Him talk back to me. Or as I like to say, hear Him whisper in my ear. When I feel closet to Him. Love this post and oh boy, do I love this image!!! I can't wait to see it colored by you, it is a gorgeous image. Hug and Blessings, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the word you picked! It is so you!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.