Pages

Followers

Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Resolutions

 I pray everyone had a happy healthy holiday.

This quote struck me as perfect for this post. We all have wishes and that is what we use for our New Year resolutions most often. The problem is that these things are also those things that are most often something we haven't the will to complete. Why? There is no purpose behind the wish just something we want. Being the human beings we are, making resolutions with purpose gives us the reason to work for even if we do not immediately achieve that purpose. It may seem crazy but  for some Christianity is much like the New Year resolution. We resolve to do something or go after something knowing in our heart that we will break that resolution. We celebrate the birth of Christ then immediately forget what it all means. In a few months we will celebrate Easter, the culmination of the reason Christ was born. Many will go through the motions of celebrating His sacrifice then go back out into the sin filled world and forget what they celebrated. Why? The reasons are many but the truth is there is no belief or commitment. The purpose is nonexistent in the heart. What purpose? To walk with the knowledge and belief that we are sinners and have to guard our walk through this world every moment of our lives. Every Christmas and especially Easter are deeply felt in my experience of them. It is not something that we can touch, smell, taste or see but in the end it will be the greatest fulfillment. Yes I put it in the future because it is not done yet. It is an ongoing process but I know it will be fulfilled. Can you say that about your resolutions?

 Just a quick image. Don't know where it came from but it was done for DW to make a card with. 


The Cop0ic colors used are:


That is it for this week. May the good Lord keep you safe and well. Remember to always "Love The Details."

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful post, my friend. I'm usually more one for goals than resolutions, but this year's... being the best me I can be... is perhaps more a resolution than goal.
    Hugs! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The image came from a magazine that I purchased...

    Great food for thought...especially in regard to our New Year Resolutions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have long since given up on the New Year resolutions - but I do have a word for the year, and that is Yield - to yield more fully to the Lord, and to yield good fruit for Him...
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Jim, I didn't get any notifications for these last two posts like I usually do, or else missed them. Weird though because I look through the notifications well. Oh well, glad I decided to "stop in"! Great post and lots of food for thought! It used to get me when people would pile into church on Christmas and Easter, but you wouldn't see them the rest of the year. Such a cute image you have coloring for DW. Love his striped red scarf. I bet she has or will make a great card with this cutie! Hugs and Blessings, Brenda

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.