Pages

Followers

Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Prayers of Confession

 
On many an occasion in my life I have had to ask for forgiveness, usually of another person. In recent years I have noticed a distinct lack of others asking for forgiveness of others. My thought is whether  not asking forgiveness carries to not asking forgiveness from God. Indications are that it does. In fact if we are not asking forgiveness of others it is most certainly not being asked of God for our sins. We could take a powerful lesson from the ancients in their way of confessing and asking for forgiveness. They went so far as to prostrate themselves face down in the dust to do so. There are few in this world today that would humble themselves in this way let alone ask for forgiveness face to face. I know I am guilty of the omission of asking the forgiveness of another. I do ask forgiveness of God for my sins. Confession is part of the process of forgiveness from God. I try to make it a point to confess the sins in my life as soon as I think of them. That means out loud and usually in private. The Lord is most gracious when done this way. No sin is too small to confess before Him. He is my confessor. Is he yours?    

I am well pleased with the images from Dreams Coloring art. I must admit that I am choosy about the images I pick to color right now. Male images  are a must for me after doing so many female images. Here is another of the images completed.



The Copic colors used are:


This was a challenge and fun to color. The detail is excellent in these images. That makes them a challenge to do and fun at the same time. Anyone who has done coloring of portrait style images knows that female and male images takes some adjustments in thinking to get good results. I am not a professional colorist but there are many differences to the two types of image. Making an image appear male or female is a matter of color choice.

That is it for this week. May the good Lord bless and keep you safe. Remember to "Always Love The Details."

7 comments:

  1. People don't even say 'Sorry' these days. A youg man nearly knocked me down recently and then told me to 'watch out'. Love your colouring as always. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Needed to read this. Thank you for your faithfulness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly are talented with colors and coloring, my friend.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A good observation and very true. People have become hard hearted, arrogant and bitter. Everything is someone else’s fault and there’s little consideration of others. I pray it changes soon! Beautiful art work, as usual!! 💜

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful... full of pride and kindness.

    Asking for forgiveness means first and foremost reflecting on yourself...
    It is the first difficulty for most people. Do you think so too?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I come back to read your words.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Firstly, sorry I'm so late seeing and responding to this. As per my email last week or so, things are kinda crazy right now. As always, your words and coloring resonate with me. The little boy is beautifully done. Apart from a small little guy last year, I'm yet to color any male images.

    Love, hugs and blessings xoxo

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.