Pages

Followers

Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Revelation

 

This quote is food for thought. Not many of us think much about our souls. What is the soul? Can it be easily defined? There are many descriptions and definitions for the soul depending on where you look. The wikipedia states : "Refers to one's life". Other sources refer to the soul as that part of us where emotions and things that make us who we are reside. Others combine the spirit and soul as that part of us that lives on when we die. The prayer "Now I lay me down to sleep. If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take" infers that it is eternal. (Matthew 10:28, 1 Peter 2:11) Both refer to the soul as being damaged by negative actions (NRSV-NJB-KJB-NAB). The soul is referred to often in the old testament but only twice in the new testament, at least in the 4 versions I checked. I am sure the 20+ versions I have would be the same to some degree. Love is without question God, for God is Love. (1 John 4:8) 1 John is about god's love and our love for god. I don't know what that piece of soul is but I wouldn't be surprised if it was missing love. Love is the one thing that has the power to make us complete and acceptable before God. It is the one piece of our existence that our spirit needs to be eternal. There are many naysayers that say the spirit die when we die. Without love that may very well be true. Without love we are truly dead men walking.

********************

 

      There is little about me I do not know. If I share me and you share you, we shall become more complete.   This is friendship based on love.

 

********************

Others may see good in me but I see my sinfulness. It presses me on to You, to give myself to You. The good that others see is unsure and full of doubt since it is not yet complete. You are complete and it draws me near to You.  You are my hope and my dream for my life and the life of those around me. May Your glory be complete in us Lord Jesus.

             

********************

This week I am going to share another of the images from Moontear. There are still quite a few of them to share with you.


The copic colors used are:


That is it for this week. May the good Lord Bless and keep you safe. Remember to "Always Love The Details."

8 comments:

  1. God's love is so powerful, and it redeems us through the shed blood of Jesus.. what a gift.
    Love your colouring
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, beautiful post that I've been thinking about a lot. Best regards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see my sin everyday, and it bothers me so that i am not joyful despite all my blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the beautiful image, just gorgeous. Apart from that I m tired and grumpy! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great website. I don't know how I came here ... but I did. Must have clicked on a link inadvertently.

    Coincidently, I wrote about the soul yesterday. Many people don't believe we have a soul. But as C S Lewis said: You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks a lot for your article and for this good words that made me to think in good things.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful heartfelt post and stunning coloring, as always xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. As always...Lots of food for thought! And you already know how much I like your colored images. smile!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.