Pages

Followers

Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Selflessness

Have you ever felt compassion for someone even though you personally were in pain or stressed? If so then, at that moment, you understand what Christ went through. (Mark 9:19, Matthew 17:17)
Even though He was troubled by the generation He lived in, He still felt compassion for us. Even from the cross He had compassion on His enemies. (Luke 23:34) Life is not a sporting event where hate and competition rule. It is a place to learn what our place in eternity will be. There have been times when I have felt the pain of others was deserved and it was good. I then hang my head in sorrow at the thought of feeling that way. Who was I to think they deserved whatever was happening to them. There have been many times when others have done the same to me, although I doubt they later hung their heads in sorrow. We are not the ones to say who deserves what or why they deserve it. This world is on the brink of self destruction and there are many reasons to judge that it deserves that punishment. Then I see the destruction of war and the lives sacrificed as a result. All that I can feel is sorrow at the passing of the innocent as well as the warriors. It is sad the ways in which man finds to destroy himself and others. There are more important things to do than kill one another. It saddens me to live in times like this. I have had others who were hurting more than me show compassion for me when struggling. This is how things should be. It is called love for one another. It is called compassion and selflessness. If we cared less about power, jealousy and hatred this world would be a better place to live.
A few thoughts from the book that never was.

*********************

 

Each waking day presents itself to the eye and mind uniquely and with opportunities anew. How sad we are unable to see them except through hindsight to take full advantage of them.

 

 ********************

 

In all of time why would I call myself special when so many others are so much like me?

 

********************

 

Where I go matters not and where I have been even my foot prints have altered the course of life and time.

 

********************

I have another image this week from Dreams Coloring Art. I am very happy with these images. They are detailed and not as great a challenge to know what I am coloring. It is uncertain whether these images were created in AI but I think many of the available coloring book style artwork images are now AI created. Some of these images have little areas that make no sense whatever and therefore are a guessing game to color.  


The Copic colors used are:

Just a note about the coloring of these, or any image for that matter, is that the smallest of detail is colored individually. Yep, even the hair when strands are visible. The copic Sketch pens have a super fine brush tip. The fine details must done with a light touch and great care. The paper used for this kind of work requires the paper not be too absorbent. Even the lightest touch on an absorbent paper can quickly ruin the image. If bleeding occurs, careful use of the "0" pen can erase bleeds or "oopsies". This is why the "0" pens are included in the colors used. Bad mistakes or bleeds are often "correctable" but may leave behind a stain mark. I experiment when using paper not used before. The "0" blending pens are great for cleanup of an image.
 
That does it for this week. May the good Lord Bless and keep you safe. Remember to "Always Love The Details."

8 comments:

  1. Amazing colouring Jim... I am constantly in awe of your work.
    I read recently that when we judge, we are actually usurping the role of God, who is the one true judge... a sobering thought
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic job with the coloring, Jim! And I so loved your inspirational writing about how we all should strive to love one another as Jesus loves us. Oh, yes, the world would be a much better place if we could do that one simple thing.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your coloouring is more than amazing, it isy a gift! Have a good week, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very well said!💜

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've colored him absolutely beautifully xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’ve been feeling what you’ve described in this mushing. I’m having a compassion deficit. Having some not so nice thoughts. Honestly it’s very painful to admit. I’m having not to watch sporting events or look at social media. My soul is jealous and tired. Sorry to unload on you, but you encourage me more than I can thank you for. So thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your daily love and faithfulness to speak love into me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.