Pages

Followers

Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Purpose

I am not sure what my purpose in life is but I try to follow what my heart tells me. I am not rich nor am I famous. I don't see either of them as being important in my life. I have had a decent life and have not wanted for much but neither have I had an abundance of things. My needs are filled with little left over if anything. I love astronomy and have built several telescopes over the years but, alas, the night sky is so bright that it is difficult to see the splendor of a dark sky filled with the stars of this galaxy we live in. I grew up during the second world war, the Korean war, the Vietnam war and chased Cuban gun boats when Russia put missiles in cuba. I was there when President Kennedy almost started a nuclear war while serving on a destroyer in Cuban waters. The times were good and bad during my lifetime. I never thought I would live as long as I have. God has been good, His Spirit watching over me and my family. Much of what I have shared in the book that never was were thoughts during those times. I thought it was time to share it on my blog. I feel more people will see and read it this way rather than try to have it published or even formally self publish it. I am not interested in a monetary compensation. It is more important that it shows that there are many possibilities in life and that God in ones life helps when it seems overwhelming. I am going to give the book a rest for the time being. 

I have always loved art and participated in several art contests in my youth. I have won a few of them but always did my best. I have been coloring mostly female images to display on this blog. I have been searching for male or young boy images to do but until recently have had little success in finding any. Finally I have a few images of boys to color. There are many more young ladies in the set but I have singled out the boys. They are from Etsy. This site on Etsy is "Dreams Coloring Art." I hope you like them as much as I enjoy doing them. They are more difficult in some ways than the female images. Enjoy!

The copic colors are:
The coat in this image was left "as is". The only thing I could have done would have been to highlight the shadows but that is not necessary. 
That is it for this week. May the good Lord Bless and keep you safe. Remember to "Always Love The Details."

5 comments:

  1. You certainly have led a full life Jim - God with you through it has been a constant, and it shines out in your words.
    What a splendidly coloured image - love it
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little girl is fabulous, wow!. And stay just as you are, that's always good enough! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You spoke to me on a surreal level. I could have written that first paragraph myself, and aside from some of the specifics, we are very similar beings. I was kidnapped by the Satans’ Angels when I was about 20. Major life trauma tends to change the way you think about things that others deem to be important, such as money and an abundance of things. I too wonder at times why I’m here, and tend to follow my heart, although cautiously. I too have wanted to write a book but never did it. I too have considered publishing bits and pieces of my life on my blog. The thought of writing the book is overwhelming, but it is my testimony, and I really haven’t shared it with enough people. Maybe God will still, by His grace, lead us to share His influence in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and your art are incredible, my friend.
    Hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.