Pages

Followers

Monday, March 3, 2014

March 4, 2014 Experiences


Experience is today's lesson from yesterdays happenings for tomorrows possibilities.



Aldous Huxley Quote
Brainy Quotes
There is a ton of doors opened with this one.The one we are interested in is life experience. Is there anything more enabling or more debilitating than what we experience on the road of life? No one I have ever met has ever been quiet about what life has dealt them, some good and some bad. Where it gets interesting is when you ask "What was the result or What happened?" You will either get a wealth of what for's and what not's or you will get nothing. Nothing meaning it was and still is a negative. In short, the road ends here along with the lesson and the life it may have contained. If there is any explanation at all that indicates it was or is being handled internally or externally on a positive note, it will enhance life. Be sure your life experience is handled toward a positive end. The quote today is a lesson to be learned about being positive. The proof? Hebrews 2:8-9 "At present, it is true, we are not able to see that all things are under him, but we do see Jesus, who was for a short while made less than the angels, now crowned with glory and honour because he submitted to death; so that by God’s grace his experience of death should benefit all humanity."

The New Jerusalem Bible. (1985). (Heb 2:8–9). New York: Doubleday.


 I am gradually working up to Easter, my favorite time of the year. I am starting to see Easter cards out there. Christmas is important but to me Easter is the most holy of all times. My DW Jill has posted a card that is for Christmas. Here is the Colored image for your approval. This image was given to me so I have no idea who the stamp company is that created it. If you know please let me know and I will give proper credits to it.
Copic Colors: R24, Y28, E19, Y00, B97, R39, C3, C4, E31, E33, BV08, E21, B05, R29, E34, T5, E57, BV02, V17, BG18, YR24, T13
This was some what fun to do. As with so many of my early images there were a very limited number of colors available. I had to make do. Here is the card my DW made from it.
She did better with making the card than I did coloring it. Really great card.
My next image is of a German Bearded Iris. I have about 8 or 10 different colors ranging from pure white, blues, browns and several multi colors. My absolute favorite, hands down is this beauty.
 Copic Colors: R24,BV000, V09, V17, Y18, Y02, G05, G03, E55, E53, Y11
I am praying that this one survives this brutal winter. I have but one of them.I have looked for this particular color combo and can't find it anywhere.
I think Jill did a fantastic job with this card. I am pleased and grateful she is so gifted at making her cards. It makes it possible to share with others who are less fortunate and who need something to brighten their day.
Well, that's it for today. I hope we all enjoyed ourselves.....Hold on there.......I hope you enjoyed yourself. I think I did. "Cherokee enjoy self." That's nice. By the way that sun dance thing you did the other day ..... uh ..... worked. Just a dusting of snow. Thank you. "Welcome." "Cherokee Love Details too." OOOOKKKKK. There went my punch line. See you Thursday. "Cherokee too, Maybe. Irish give Cherokee funny stare." We shall see Cherokee.












19 comments:

  1. Love both the cards , one can certainly see the improvement in your skills - it is amazing. Love the irises. I have some yellow and brown irises, and some dark blue, nearly black ones that come up faithfully every year.
    blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your thoughts for the day, they are always so good & true.
    Your card is amazing too, fabulous work as always, love your colouring.
    hope you have a great day.
    hugs Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the night sky in the Christmas card. Who doesn't love irises? You did a wonderful job and Jill put it together beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful post!
    And wow, what stunning cards. I love the images of the wise men, colored beautifully. And I can almost smell those Irises. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know what company did that first stamp either but it's gorgeous! And even more so with your beautiful coloring ....... AND even more with the beautiful Christmas card! So beautiful!
    The iris.....they're popping off the page - and will be so glad when they pop up in my garden. Another example of beautiful coloring AND a fabulous card!
    Two beauties!!!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sky in your Christmas card is so fabulous. It is just colored perfect. I have seen store bought cards that your Christmas coloring remind me of, that kind of coloring style. That's a compliment! Please take it that way. The irises are quite lovely too, so realistic and delicate looking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoyed your thoughts on life experiences. Very true. If we learn anything - even from a sad/bad experience, it's a lesson learned, and still a positive. Hopefully. Your #1 image looks just fine to me. You did superb with limited copics. It would be a harder image - I think - even with the full spectrum of copics. Loved the sky texture especially. Really loved the way DW turned it into such a beautiful card that is going to really uplift the recipient. Those iris photos are just grand. The delicate lace trim on the resultant card was perfect for the beautiful flowers. Well done, for both of you. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love flowers and I am looking forward to Spring! I love how you and Jill work together to create such beautiful cards! Your coloring is awesome and so are her card designs! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the iris, one of my favorite flowers! NJ on everything Jim

    ReplyDelete
  10. Easter is late this year, Jim, so you will have several weeks to relish in coloring for your favorite time of the year! I enjoyed the Jim & Jill Show ~ your images and Jill's cards are beautiful, as always!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the Three kings image! Oh my what a beautiful depiction! Love your coloring and both cards! The images were made into lovely cards!

    Very good thoughts too! When time and work brings us through to the other side and we can find beauty amidst the tragic we are better for it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh goodness Jim... you are so talented at coloring... and yes, Jill is a wonderful card maker too!!! I love both images but I am soooo in love with the Iris and how you colored it!!! LOVED most of all reading your thoughts on learning from experiences, and the Scripture you shared. I agree about Easter being the holiest of all holidays! Without Easter, Christmas would not have the joyous meaning it has! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think the Wise Men are gorgeous! I've wanted to color my wise men silhouette stamp, but the camels looked crippled so I gave up on that. And what a gorgeous Christmas card they make! And that iris! Wow! I had some that color before we moved. I wish I had dug up some of the bulbs. Your coloring is gorgeous and the card is perfect to show it off! Kudos to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful coloring and truly lovely cards! I love irises of all kinds! I have some baby Iris Reticulata blooming in my front yard this week and the first of the tiny daffodils too. I even have one very early tulip blooming this morning! I smiled very big when I saw that. The last few days of rain and sun have made a huge difference in my yard. I pray that you soon see signs of spring coming your way too! I have a few minutes before heading to Tim's basketball game tonight. This is our last week of the season and we are both happy as we are ready for a break from sports for a wee bit. Only 4 months more of school and it will be summer - we are starting to look forward to it. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy you had a laugh over the Truisms, so watch that bacon dancing. I needed that laugh myself today, is why I thought to share it. So piddle & giggle away, just watch out for the frying pan! TFS & thanks for commenting as well. Hey to Jill.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, Just gorgeous! If only my coloring could be so beautiful! You and Jill are quite a team!♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. Quite a team you two...complimenting each others talents. Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  18. The iris is stunning...it looks real and fuzzy even. Thanks for the visits and comments. Be well ~ Carole

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such beautiful coloring on your cards. And I agree, Easter is the most holy of days.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.