Pages

Followers

Saturday, March 8, 2014

March 8, 2014 Obedience


Brainy Quote

We all know what it means to be caught up in the moment. Sometimes the moment is not just a moment but hours, days, months or even years. The path of life is strewn with side trips and all manner of distractions. Some of them are minor and some are major. Some are productive and some are destructive. Only one path really matters. It is the one that leads to life. If we stray from it we find we are in control of the place we are in but our direction of travel is not. I often find myself in this situation. Do you? The challenge in the quote above is only partly correct. The challenge is to change ourselves by seeking direction(s) from Jesus and the Holy spirit. It is by obedience to His directions the path becomes clear again. There is no need to control when the way is cleared before you. It is like following a snow plow. You have a clear precise path to follow. Everything falls into place and there is time for everything. It is almost effortless.  Matthew 4:18-20 "Now as Jesus was walking by the Sea of Galilee, He saw two brothers, Simon who was called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea; for they were fishermen. And He said to them, Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men. Immediately they left their nets and followed Him.
New American Standard Bible: 1995 update. (1995). (Mt 4:18–20). LaHabra, CA: The Lockman Foundation.

For a time I have lost sight of what I shared above. I have decided that bloging has begun to absorb too much of the time needed to get other things done that are in need of attention. I am, therefore going to post only as time permits. It is unknown how often that will be. I will not be commenting the way I have either. It is even more time consuming than putting together the post. I will do the same with the commenting, as time permits. There will be no picture posts today but in future posts I will endeavor to do so. I do so enjoy sharing with all of you. I enjoy the emails we share as well. I do hope we can continue to keep in touch and share. Until the next post, yep, I still LOVE THE DETAILS.


11 comments:

  1. I do understand where you are coming from. I have from time to time stopped blogging for 5 or 6 months. But then I come across gifted Christians who are able to balance their God given talents and I hop back on board, because I know art is a gift from God to bring joy to the mind and spirit of man. For me I do not want to be bogged down with to much stuff! I do not want to be weighed down on earth and to much stuff will do that to me. This has always been my biggest challenge :). I love doing cards and sending them off or giving them out, Blogging is time consuming, I work 40 plus hours a week, so I take one hour a day to leave comments. I do not create cards except on Sat. if it be God's will. Be blessed my brother. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. Blogging is very time consuming and a juggling act to get in all our lives offer us. For me, it is a hobby and one I enjoy because our children live away and hubby is at work. It keeps me happy. Of course, we love visiting and having visitors. I can see how it would be hard for you with both you and Jill here. There are so many other things we all do and with Spring coming, that brings yard work and so many things. So, we'll enjoy when you post and visit, but will understand when you don't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad our paths have crossed! Life is a constant balancing act! You are very wise to listen and follow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to echo Miss Benzi, she expressed my thoughts so well. This delightful hobby can get overwhelming, trying to return comments. I think each of us realizes that our 'regular visitors' get busy with other priorities, and personally, I'm just always happy when I see a 'familiar face' commenting. So prioritize - and know that when ya'll do have time to share or visit, we'll be so pleased to see ya. As always, enjoyed the thoughtful comments in the post. Happy Sunday to you both, and TFS..and reminding us...blogging, commenting, posting is a H.O.B.B.Y. - not our L.I.F.E.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You just pop in whenever you can and I'll stop by! I know exactly what you mean about blogging/commenting taking up a lot of time - and with the weather warming up I already see myself outside more and not sitting in front of the computer. There's just too many other things that need attention - and too many other things in life in general!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so right, as ever - yes blogging is time consuming, as is commenting - my circumstances are such that to me, this is to a degree, my social life, but I do berate myself a lot about what I don't get done, so rather than cut blogging, I am cutting back on facebook time. :-)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  7. You post is truly a 'call to action' for me, because you're 100% right: blogging and commenting (not to mention the actual card-making itself!), have become exponential consumers of my time. I find that I'm stressing over something I started as a hobby; it's become much more than that - sometimes in a good way; sometimes not. I need to work on recreating 'balance' - and bringing back into focus a few other activities that need my attention, such as reading books. My goodness, but that has fallen by the wayside! You, my new friend, have already had an positive impact on my thinking. It's good to know that 'stepping back' is fine; that not commenting doesn't have to be accompanied with guilt, and that doing 'something else' is not only acceptable, but necessary. Your path intersecting with mine: a gift. Obviously, I *needed* to hear your message, and so it was brought to me. Thank you! Your comments on my blog have added sparkle to my days! I look forward to hearing from you ONLY when you have the time and desire to do so, and will treat each one as a most special gift! Blessing and hugs to you!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful opening to your post Jim, Sometimes I would have loved to walk by sight instead of Faith, but i know from experience the folly.
    Understand perfectly the PC/blogging problems, We have discussed it a lot this week and likewise I struggle with the time issue...it doesn't help that i am so slow on the PC to start with.
    See you when you next post.
    hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to say that I'm impressed (perhaps not the right word) with how much time it takes to be a part of the blogging community. Even when I'm not on line posting a message, reading and/or posting comments to other blogs I'm thinking about my next post, what card to show next, what I should make, who I should visit, what technique I've seen on-line to try. It is a huge time waster. I feel it is more productive than some time wasters, but still it is time that perhaps could be put to even better use. Good for you for making a stand and deciding what you needed to do for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well said! Like everything else in life, we need to practice moderation.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely post! My modem broke this week and I just got it up and running again on Wednesday night. It was eye opening to remember what life was like before the "web" entered my life. Time is such a precious commodity and how we choose to spend it is a gift to those we love! Right now my 9 year old is the receiver of most of my time but I also like sharing my spirit with those that inspire me and you and Jill are two of those people! :). Blessings in my life!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.