Pages

Followers

Friday, February 7, 2014

February 7, 2014 Faith

Faith is believing in what you cannot see or touch.


Faith and dreams often go hand in hand. Having faith in Jesus is believing we are safe in His hands. It leaves us free to not only dream the impossible dream but to believe it is possible.  It isn't such a big step at all.  (John 20:29-30)  “Jesus said to him: You believe because you can see me. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet believe.” Jesus was speaking to Thomas. Are your dreams much different?  Through him all things are possible. That includes our dreams. I dream of doing things great and good. He picks the time and the means using the gifts he has given. After all, gifts are given not to keep but to give away. The greatness is not by my measurement but His measurement. Compliment me and I give it back to Him. It is His you know. He provided them.

It is time to share some more gifts. The following Stove images are rubber stamps that were retired from what I am told. I have no information on this stamp. If you know where this stamp came from please let me know and I will edit the information to reflect that. OH, Yeah, didn't write down the Copic colors.  


This one of my DW’s favorite images. It was colored at least 8 times that I know of. No, all 8 are not in this post. Any who, here is the corresponding card.


This image is very versatile in that you can go wild with the color combinations. Next item please:


The Card Please:


The last image of this stamp is one of my personal favorites.




I love blue and this stove is BLUE. Blue and gold always did go together really nice. It does work well on this card.



Next I thought we might sit down a have a sip before we finish up. This next selection is from SquiggleflyI like several of their artist.


 This was one of my first attempts at glass, curved glass. It presents its own glare and reflection problems. I didn't solve them very well here but is better now.


Jill did a fantastic job with the image on this card. There is a bonus with this card. That bit of concrete the card is sitting on is something special.


Not getting into the construction details right now but the next two photos will be a teaser for when I do a post explaining how I made my special DW this garden bench. No special occasion just for a special lady.


Well, That’s it for today. It was fun and as usual a bit late but there it is. As always LOVE THE DETAILS. See you Sunday or Monday or whenever.

15 comments:

  1. A very beautiful post! I love the scripture reflections you share! I have learned so much about Faith in the past few years. There is a beautiful song by Laura Story called "Blessings" that I just love because it reminds me that sometimes our prayers are answered with tears. The story behind the song was very inspiring to me when Stuart was diagnosed with cancer as her husband was in a similar battle.
    Here are words from the chorus:

    Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
    What if Your healing comes through tears
    What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near
    What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise?

    You can listen to it to the song and her and her husband's story on You Tube.

    Thanks for sharing your faith with everyone that reads your lovely blog! You and Jill are wonderful!

    :) Jill (2)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to say how much I love the images you colored! What a wonderful stamp image! I love the red one as it reminds me of Christmas and the lovely homemade pies and goodies we have each year! But they are all wonderful! And I love the glass that you colored too! Your shading is wonderful! I am still just trying to learn how to do skin and hair. I watch videos on you tube but my skills are only coming along very slowly!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is exactly what faith is....believing in what you can't see or touch. What would we do without our faith?

    Very nice work on the stove and Squigglefly images.....from both you and Jill. That is certainly a fancy, old stove.

    I'm sure Jill appreciates that wonderful concrete table and I see she lets you borrow it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The stove reminds me of one my Grandma had when I was a child! I have many happy memories of sitting in the chair beside the stove, all warm an cozy visiting with Grandma! Jill did a wonderful job of the cards! You did a wonderful job of reflection on the wine carafe! The bench is beautiful! What a wonderful gift! God gives us all wonderful gifts to share. Thanks for sharing yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful colouring as ever :-). I prefer the red stove,. I beg to differ, but silver goes with blue the best!
    Great cards Jill, and that bench is a lovely touch to what appears to be a beautiful garden from the glimpse I can see.
    Faith - yup - gotta have it or life would be unbearable without Jesus at the helm.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that stove image and still have a few stamped images to color myself. Nice job on all of them, I especially love the red one! And the bench - well that's just incredibly thoughtful and such a wonderful thing to make! A real treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well......blue is my absolute favorite color ever - so you already know what image of the stove I like the best!! Just beautiful and it's so pretty with the gold highlights. Yummy looking on top too! Jill made some wonderful cards with these images.
    Love the wine/glasses! That's something that's very hard to get just right yet you've done it! Lovely card and a perfect sentiment for it.
    Your "love" bench! Can't wait to see and hear how you made this beauty. So very pretty!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an enjoyable post to read through this evening. Loved your thoughts expressed at the beginning. Nice to see there are Christians still among us! Totally agree with what you wrote, couldn't express it half so well. Loved this stove stamp and it's new to me. But then a lot of companies retired before I even got started on this hobby. Now I'm with Lynn in liking the blue, but that red stove just grabbed my eye. Imagine having _that_ one in your kitchen! (Nah, I still wouldn't cook much anyway). Think you did a great job on your curvature coloring too. Liked the long highlight down the glass. That's a lovely bench you've made for your very special DW and I'm sure she is justly proud of it, and you. And you both can enjoy a sip of something pleasant when you're in the garden! TFS & ya'll have a great wkend. (are you guys USA or UK?)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That amazing heart bench that you built for Jill wiped all your beautiful colored images and her wonderful card art right out of my mind!! There is no end to the talents you two possess!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do you ship? When can I place my order? I'll take two benches! You never cease in amazing me. And, the cards are spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome coloring, wow I remember how fun it is!!! I will do more too!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well !! Used to have a Red Aga so the stove pic evoked some memories - it's a fab stamp too and love all 3 versions but the red one (also my fave team's colour's!) wins it for me!
    Am sure your DW loves sitting on her very special bench too! Happy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great post - so many wonderful creations! Love the garden bench the most! Impressive! The cards are all wonderful too. The Squigglefly image is really super - great coloring and I love the red stove the best but they are all wonderful. Thanks for sharing all this - love your posts. Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really beautiful images and cards!! and an artist and engineer too!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Got so excited with the garden bench I forgot to tell you how really beautiful it is!! Love the mosaic!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.