Pages

Followers

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

February 13, 2014 Trust

Faith cannot be reached except through trust.

 QuoteBrainyQuote

This is a tough one today. First the definition of faith: “strong belief or trust in someone or something.” I am not going to tackle religion as that is an individual thing and something I will not argue. Many of you have a pet. The pet is almost always loyal and trusts the owner without question. The devotion a pet is capable of showing is often startling. Why? Trust! Faith in someone is not possible without trust. If you believe in Jesus and God you are saying you trust what he has promised you. 2 Corinth 3:4 “Such is the confidence we have through Christ in facing God.” This not possible without trust in Christ. How can we trust Him? John 3:16 “For this is how God loved the world: he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not perish but may have eternal life.” Have faith in Jesus because His sacrifice was the greatest of all.

I tried to keep the long wind down to a short puff. Did I succeed? My DW was disappointed that I didn’t showcase more of my art with her card so today more birds in card form.

Our first three birds are from Martha Stewart Crafts. These stamps were purchased at Michaels Craft Store.



This stamp is a generic stamp that lends itself quite well to several species of bird as you will see. This example is a wood thrush. It is the same family of birds as the robin. In fact they are similar in size in real life.




Jill really did a great job with this card. This is also one of her favorite bird images.



This is recognizable as the goldfinch is a beautiful bright yellow charmer from mid to late summer in my area. These are some of the last to mate and raise their young.


As usual Jill worked her magic with a card for this charmer. Nice color pairing to bring this bird to the forefront.


This is a Rose Breasted Grosbeak. Pretty bird of about 8” in length with a Rosy red triangle on its breast.


The card is a winner as far as I am concerned. It brings the focus of the card to the bird but also make a statement about the card maker. Beautiful.


Is it at all possible that I like my Cardinals? You betcha I do. They are always a bright spot on a dreary winter day a splash of color against the snow or ….. Well ….. you get the idea.


This was a 3d card. Again Jill did a slam bang job on this one. What better bird for a Christmas card than the Cardinal. She even added a bit of the Scott Irish with a plaid print bow. I’m not knowin’ if it were by design or accident but a fine job it is. Now I know why there is a wee piece of the kilt missin'.
  
Well everyone, this was an easy post in some ways. Not too much of the Irish long wind but enough. It is hoped that those of you like me and mine that are forced to endure yet another winter storm, you stay inside, warm and safe. Keep the hot chocolate handy and remember to LOVE THE DETAILS.

10 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying your bird posts. We do have the thrush in my area and I am feeding the golden finches this winter. They sure can put away the thistle. I occasionally see the rose breasted grosbeak. It may just be travelling through, though. Of course, we have lots of cardinals. Jill did a beautiful job on her cards. I really do love that plaid bow on the last one...just didn't realize it came from a kilt. :-)

    How great to have faith. Even if it wavers a smidgeon at times, it's always there...and strong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful birds and beautiful cards to match!!! Love your coloring on these images and they look so real. And yes, I love all the details too - right down to that plaid bow and triangle of red on the Grosbeak!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Honey, Only I didn't say you have to post my cards too...LOL. That's not exactly what I meant. I just feel like people like to see what has been done with all your beautiful coloring...Happy Shoveling Today...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've done an awesome job of coloring these birds! Jill has done an equally awesome job of putting them on the cards! Love the different ribbon trim on each of the cards! Just enough to embellish but not too much that takes away from the bird images! A wonderful joint effort! Faith will get us through when all else fails.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful colouring on the birds, and also stunning cards - they really do complement the birds. Love your words on faith and trust too.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now how did I miss these bird stamps at Mike's? I know I would have bought them! I knew you were a cardinal lover! Aren't they just the most beautiful of birds (kinda mean though. they chase away the little finches at our feeders) Jill has done a great card make on your pictures too. Heartfelt has some lovely cardinal stamps as does Northwood stamps (in case you don't know this company. Try to enable all I can!) Enjoyed your chat on Faith & trust. Very good thoughts therein. Ya'll stay warm, TFS (oh yes, forgot to say - our yellow finches are beginning to turn from the winter gray-brown-green sage-y color to where you can see a bit more of the yellow beginning to flash through. Can't wait til they get sparkling bright. We haven't had any bluebirds this season...just occasionall spot one roosting on something. I like them too).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful colouring of these beautiful birds!!
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great team you make, your colouring of these little birds is wonderful, and Jill certainly knows how to do them justice.
    sorry not been able to comment for a day or two, only had my tablet with me and it just wouldn't stay on the comment form :o(( kept skipping back as soon as I tried to type...funny frustrating technology
    Hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to look out my window and spot some pretty birds like these! Very nice images and coloring! Get ready.....more white stuff is on the way again tonight :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.