Pages

Followers

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

February 5, 2014 Vintage Blast

When you tell yourself you can’t, you won’t!

Quote for Today: From BrainyQuote

My dear wife (DW) says I am a brute for punishment. Many of the images I pick to do are anything but easy. It may be so but life is a challenge. If you hesitate or turn away from doing something challenging you are cheating yourself out of a life experience. There are many ways to express that sentiment but the best is something shared on one of my posts. If it wasn't, oh well, and if it was here it is anyway. "You can do anything you set your mind to. You may not do it well but you CAN do it" As a follow up "If you tell yourself you can't do it, you have already failed. " There are physical limitations, Men/women, but otherwise nothing is impossible.

I know that all things are possible through Jesus Christ.
Jason Derulo 

  
I have just finish two images that will illustrate that point. I very nearly skipped doing these two because they were a challenge. It was about 2 days on the two images. You decide which one took longer. “You full buffalo dung!” Hello Cherokee. What are you doing here? “Cherokee put on quietest moccasins and sneak out so maw squaw not hear. Just want stop and tell people in magic box HI!” That’s nice of you but why am I full of buffalo dung? “Just are! When take off moccasins sure smell like step in it.” Good bye Cherokee. Nice of you to stop by. “Cherokee talk later. Send Instagram smoke signal. You tell squaws in magic box Cherokee say hello. Must sneak back into tee-pee before missed.” I still don’t know how they do that Instagram smoke signal.
Back to the task at hand. The first one is from Digital Two For Tuesday. Enjoy.

Copic Colors: atyou Spica 08 Turquoise & 18 Baby Blue, R24, R35, YR12, YR18, B000, B01, BG07, G94, W3, 100, G94, E13, E19, E08, E30, E33, E34, E40, E70

This is a photo of the colored image. As you can see there are sparkly spots on the birds. On rare occasions when I use glitter pens, some of the glitter actually shows. This is one of those occasions. The seemingly black lines all over the bird are in reality a brilliant shade of blue in the sun. Spectacular and the reason it was decided to do these birds. Since they must fit on a 4X6 card this was a difficult image to do. I took frequent breaks to keep from going cross eyed.

The next image was a test of shades to use to maintain the vintage look of the image. That may sound easy but give the number of colors used it isn't. That is part of the fascination with doing vintage. Here we go.

Copic Colors: YG07, YG93, BG96, T4, T6, W1, B0000, B000, B00, B04, R29, R85, R0000, R000, R12, R00, Y23, Y28, E09, E57

This image may look familiar to you. It is from my side bar. It is a free vintage image from Free Vintage Digital Stamps. God, that is a favorite place of mine. This image presents several problems. It represents a curved surface. I you aren't paying attention to the light and shadow on a curved surface you will not be getting the effects you are expecting. It is vintage image. be mindful of color choices. Depending on the image and the era the colors will not be bright and glowing but softer. I usually research a little before doing the coloring on an image like this but this one just felt right with these colors.

Well, except for a short visit from Cherokee this is it for today. Spent the first part of my day shoveling again. Tonight will be Bengay and and heating pad time. Tomorrow will be tough to get out of bed again. Can't walk my 5 to 15 miles. Can't drive to the mall to walk. Probably shovel some more to get the cars out, do some more Bengay, groan a lot. and talk with you all. LOL.

Just remember, this is a good time time to curl up with a good book, or maybe THE GOOD BOOK, or just maybe, spend some time checking out each other's creations and commenting. As you can see, just LOVE THE DETAILS.






14 comments:

  1. This post is so true... I keep telling my kids at school that all the time. You have to try to know if you can do it or not. And if you decide you can - you will succeed ..

    Adore your hen and rooster image.... so beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both so amazing! I have trouble staying in the lines and can't imagine doing these little tiny strokes! Hope the Ben Gay does the trick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your images are beautifully colored! Neither of us left the house to do shoveling or clean-up today. It was just a general veg day. We'll worry tomorrow........after it's all frozen over again :) Take care of those aches and pains!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once again you get a big WHOA!!! Your coloring on the rooster is sensational. I can see why this may have taken a while to do it too. VERY nice on both images!
    I do have to tell you though - I'm not a huge fan of chickens/roosters after today........I was sitting in my little crafting cave trying to get an image colored and right below the window I hear this cock-a-doodle-do! Mercy!!! I know I jumped a foot in the air - and needless to say had to start all over on the image I was coloring! One of the roosters from down the road had wandered over here for birdseed that falls out of the feeder!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two outstanding pieces. You did a fabulous job. I've gotten some digital images from Digital Two for Tuesday. She really has some interesting ones. I have several stored on my computer now.

    Hope you all dig out of the snow soon. Will Spring ever arrive? Of course, that will be the very active tornado season around here. Very scary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, these are both beautiful! The sparkles indeed do show on the first picture and look gorgeous. I can only imagine how fantastic it looks in person!
    And I love the vintage vase picture. I do still struggle from time to time with lighting, and this is such a perfect example of how to do it right!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two beautiful cards...very dramatic and very rich in colours...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Colouring Jim, Those Roosters are amazing!!!
    Hope you are not Tooo stiff and sore tomorrow from all that Snow clearing.
    I have to admit I try everything that I want to have a go at...Most end up rubbish, lol but I tried and it was fun ;o))
    Hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll have to agree with DW and say you picked some challenging images for sure! You knocked each one out of the ball park though. Each image looked like quite a challenge, and it shows that you were very painstaking in your work. The glitter on the chicks showed up magnificently. Totally agree with _you_ on the curved images too. It's not something I can do well at all, so I'm awestruck at how expertly you managed to do so. Both of these are phenomenal, and how can you part with either one? They deserve framing & place of honor. Beautiful. I can see you are very scientific in your approach to coloring, and I'm admiring that you keep track of your markers too. I just have a nebulous idea of what I think I want to color, and start choosing colors, laying 'em down, and couldn't tell you which colors I had used when I'm finished! Good luck with the shoveling & Bengay too. TFS a great post

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW - I can understand why they took so long.
    I love colouring this type of image with chalks as the soft colours they give seem to 'fit' the images.
    Tell that Cherokee to shush and stay in his tepee. ;-)!
    Blessings
    Maxine
    p.s. - if you are sick of the snow, come and visit here - it's lovely and warm and sunny here in the Antipodes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my these are both so stunning! You really do choose the hardest things to colour but you managed both succesfully
    they both are fabulous!
    Thank you for stopping by my blog I do appreciate it, I'm only sorry I don't get much time to blog hop and comment, I'm sure glad I stopped by here this morning though.
    Take care and have a good weekend.
    Teresa x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your coloring skills are amazing! I am in awe!!! AWE!!!!!! Hope you are having a good Saturday! :) Jill 2

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow - some totally wonderfully colored images here! You have some serious talent. Hope you are recovered from the shoveling and staying warm! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very true about can't and won't!! The images are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.