Pages

Followers

Monday, February 24, 2014

February 25, 2014 Faithful

It is not whether you are famous today but whether you are remembered in time.

Mother Teresa
Brainy Quotes

It isn't hard to tie these together. How many people became famous in their day but are forgotten in this time? The only way you would know about them now would be to find an article or something written down that tells you about them. How many would you remember even after finding out? Few to none. Why? Most have only sought the fame and not the remembrance. To endear ones self requires faithfulness not only to ones self but to all they say are dear to them. They that are remembered are those that are faithfully selfless. I would rather be remembered for that which I was unaware I did but was cherished by someone I did not know.  Heb 11:1 " Only faith can guarantee the blessings that we hope for, or prove the existence of realities that are unseen."

The New Jerusalem Bible. (1985). (Heb 11:1). New York: Doubleday.

Many of you have remarked on the hat in the last post. The hat was purchased in Napa valley at the Luna (thus the lunatic play on words) Vineyards when we visited several years ago. The link to the site is to the contact area. I checked the main home site but the souvenirs are not listed. If you are interested you can contact them to find out. I have had a lot of fun with this hat. It DOES get you noticed.

I think it might be fun to do a little experiment. I am currently working on a stamp from Cornish Heritage Farms. Most of you remember them as the people who sold the Thomas Kinkade stamps. I am currently working on the Clocktower Cottage image. To date I have been working on it for three days on and off and have used 35 different Copic colors on it. It is not half finished yet. Any who, I would like to share it as it is now and maybe twice more as it gets finished. Please do not copy this image from the blog. Thanks.
So far this image has proved to be very difficult because of its size and the detail involved. To get the effects needed several passes  of certain colors was needed. The foreground tree alone has 6 colors that I can remember and several passes of those colors to get proper effects. This is all in a frame area of 4 and 3/8" by 2 and 15/16ths inches. Because of the marker pens slight bleed over even on the best of papers I am forced to treat the coloring as a cross between water color and oil painting. In short carefully and with difficulty. The next post or two will hopefully look better than this but this is how it works. I am sure that by the time this is finished I will need half a page just to list the Copic colors. Stay tuned.
 I really have no other post for now but I really wanted to show you what I was up to. Remember to always LOVE THE DETAILS.

  

12 comments:

  1. Mother Teresa was full of wisdom and faith. Like Billy Graham, we need folks like that on earth forever. Alas, that can't be.

    Happy coloring as you finish this masterpiece. I sure hope you have plenty of Copic refills. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a great beginning of a beautiful scene! Love the purple :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still amazes me at how much patience you have with coloring these...but I'm glad you do...these are some of my favorite stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's already beautiful - and going to get even more so! Can't wait to see the finished product now! You're very brave to tackle something this detailed.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! the image is amazing, never mind the colouring - keep up the great work :-)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jim - to let you know I have nominated you for an award here: http://kiwimeskreations.blogspot.co.nz/2014/02/a-boys-card-and-award.html
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its wonderful Jim. I like the colours you are using great work
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful details and colours, amazing with copic markers. Greetings, Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Kincaid scene thus far looks like it is shrouded in fog. I'm impressed that you've been able to create such wonder with your Copics.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, so far this is magnificent, and I have some of these CHF stamps, (Very intimidating.) Only ever colored one - in great blobs of color, because I did an EP technique over the color, so did not have to be precise. I can't wait to see your finished product, because I think this one looks pretty swell as it is now. A sort of impressionist painting, perhaps? As one continues to look, more finite detail appears, but a first look reminds me of the paintings studied in scholastic art books. I bet you have to work on this one, in sound bites. My eyes would give way!!! What c/s do you use? Also enjoyed the inspirational thoughts as always. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for your kind comments I will look forward to seeing more masterpieces from you :)
    Hugs
    Vic

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! What a beautiful image to be working on! He was such an inspiring man and artist. We all have such a unique view of the world to share with others. I love that you share your coloring and scripture thoughts with us all! I so enjoy reading your posts when I find a few minutes to sit. I have been fiddling with my furnace which was refusing to run today. I have been worried all morning about it as the house grew colder and I dug out my two space heaters to try and keep Tim and I warm. A few minutes ago it finally came on with no rhyme or reason but a prayer answered! I think it could be that my igniter is going out. I will watch and decide about making a call on Monday. Since I have a migraine today I just feel blessed that it came on and I can wait to deal with the problem until my headache is gone! Blessings my friends! :)Jill 2

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.