Pages

Followers

Friday, February 21, 2014

February 23, 2014 Sharing

Every life, no matter how brief, changes every other life on earth forever.

Robert Louis Stevenson

Every life has a consequence of being in this world. Everyone has gifts that are a part of who they are. You can do one of two things with your gifts, share them, or keep them to and for yourself. Sharing them is planting seeds of inspiration that will produce a yield and multiply. To not share will profit no one and in fact the gift will fade and wither away to nothing, cheating you and those whom it would inspire. It is an empty dream no one will ever know. Every life is important. Every life affects every other life in this world to the end of time. There are no exceptions. 1 Peter 2:10 "Each one of you has received a special grace, so, like good stewards responsible for all these varied graces of God, put it at the service of others."

The New Jerusalem Bible. (1985). (1 Pe 4:10). New York: Doubleday.

I would like to share a little something that some of you already know. Cherokee has been here but behaving himself lately. Any comments Cherokee? " Irish do good. Agree what hat say. Cherokee be quiet now." That's a relief! " Just show hat. People understand why Cherokee not say more." OK, since you left the monkey..... never mind. here is the "HAT."


What are you snickering at? "Cherokee ask what hat mean and it mean LOCO. It fit you good."  All right that's enough of that. Now that we have had our laugh, Ha Ha Ha, I am going to try an experiment. This post is a slightly different format than the previous ones. I am going to post two images only. 

The first image is one I just finished from Digital Tuesday of an ad for Multiflora Roses.

Copic Colors: RV00, RV42, R05, R14, E08, E40, E97, G82, G85, Yg93, YG99

Pink is DW's favorite color so that is what I colored them. It is surprising how well the old illustrations color if you are mindful of the colors you use.

The next image is a House Mouse image. This was not made into a card as of yet. From time to time I will present you with an image that no card has been made of it. 
No copic colors available for this one but I like this one so much that it made the cut anyway. 
I am currently working on one of my favorite artist images. When it is done I will be sharing it with you. I thank you and my alter ego Cherokee thanks you for stopping by. May you find many blessings and remember LOVE THE DETAILS.

Before I forget, if you have had a problem with my blog showing it updated and it still does not show an update if you are following me, please let me know. Thanks.





14 comments:

  1. I love the hat - it works for me! Cute mouse and pretty flowers too! Now behave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problems in this corner with your blog - I refuse to comment on the hat - it would not be edifying!!!
    Love your colouring, as usual - the roses are a light to the eye, I look forward to seeing them both on cards
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these are just lovely! I especially adore the roses. You are so right about the colours being important, and the ones you chose work beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You popped up once again! I did get the update this time......what did you do to straighten it out?

    Love the hat - and I can think of several that could wear this! LOL!!!

    You coloring is outstanding on these images. Love all the details on that first one with the leaves and flowers. Of course the second image is adorable! I'm more than ready for a little butterfly to come perch his delicate body on top of my head too.

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I need that hat for my DH - not that he needs another hat (I swear he has over 200) but it fits him! Love the roses and wonderful job coloring them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful images and colored to perfection. Did Jill give you that hat? Or, did Cherokee tell you it was a must for you? HA
    Yes, every life touches every other life and most times we really don't know it or how.
    Gosh, I didn't know you've been posting. I certainly didn't see any of that. I'll take a look. But, this post did show up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the opening of this beautiful post! I think if we could see how the things we share help others we would be more open to sharing more often. On Stuart's gravestone I had these words engraved: " I am part of all that I have met."

    The hat made me lol! We could all wear it at times!!!

    Your coloring is beautiful! I too love the color pink. When I see the pink sky in the morning as the sun graces us once again I am grateful for another day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I get the feeling that I need to do some laundry and make the beds because I've been uploading to my blog a lot! That's okay because it brings me to yours to see the wonderful world of coloring expertly done by Lord Jim. Love the post card and card by J&J, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your hat is cute. I need one for my DH. He collects hats. He'd like this one! Loved your thoughts & very insightful. Loved the illustrations, and while both are very pretty, I have to say the flowers are my favorite. Colored so marvelously, and the soft pinks & greens were particularly appropriate for this lovely image. What paper are you printing the digi-s on? Would love to know your printer settings too. My copics don't really like digi images - so far. TFS - happy Sunday to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great hat! Pretty images - especially love the HM image. You are so right about the influence we all have on the world in some way - whether positive or negative. Even the smallest influence can produce the biggest changes - a smile, a kind word, a pat on the back, the sharing of a story - they could make a world of difference. Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The roses look like they would be on a flower packet! Just gorgeous and the butterfly with the little mouse is adorable. Love that hat!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the Roses, perfect in pink.
    Love the hat too, I am certain the old saying "If the cap fits" cannot possibly be true of you though....lol
    Just love visiting your blog Jim, you brighten our days.
    Mau xx

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.