Pages

Followers

Sunday, February 9, 2014

February 9, 2014 Laughter

Laughter is a cleanser that renews the heart and soul.



Douglas Adams     BrainyQuotes

What has this got to do with scripture? What is your concept of Jesus? Always serious? Always teaching or moving from place to place with a straight face or possibly a stern expression. Luke 18:V16 “But Jesus called the children to him and said, ‘Let the little children come to me, and do not stop them; for it is to such as these that the kingdom of God belongs.” Have you ever spent time with little children without smiling or laughing out loud? Children are a joy for their inquisitive joy and unabashed honesty. “Out of the mouth of babes.”  Be ready because you don’t know what you are going to get. I can picture Jesus in a full out belly laugh at the joy and innocence of children. Yes he could tell ahead of time what was going to be but God and Jesus take joy in those who come as little children. Joy and happiness are his goal for us.

The quote for today reminds me of all of the missed deadlines I’m hearing about out there. It makes me chuckle. Chuckle nothing it makes me Laugh Out Loud (LOL is in the right hand drawer under “acronyms” which is in turn in the “oops” folder and that is in the “what’s this” folder that fell in the space behind the drawer as I closed it.) If you understood any of that you’re doing better than I am.  
This is little children day. We will start off by visiting several Sugar Nellie
images.

Copic Colors:  R29, G29, R46, G07, R46, C4, C5, E43, T6, 100, B95, B45, E31, E57, R02, E00, RV00
 


This is one of the newer Sugar Nellies. It is called Winter Wonderland. This was fun to do but it isn’t one of my better color jobs. Jill liked it enough to make it into a card so I suppose it passes.




I must admit she made it look good. As much as I am tired of this weather this card helps me to forget how rough it has been this year. Beautiful job dear.



The next two images are of Faith. Faith presented some unique challenges for me. The clothing style and the patterns are not something I am used to. Finding colors that blended together without making it look like a paint shelf at the store collapsed and all the cans burst open and mixed together was a test. Different patterns when put together can cause brain freeze. This one did.
 


Copic Colors:  R00, R000, RV0000, R20, E41, E43, B000, RV21, E53, E09, RV34, C00


 Jill has not done a card with this image yet but it will be a beauty when she does. She has a gift of giving the artwork a whole new dimension when she makes cards with them. The next image is also of Faith and I can’t wait to see What she does with this one as well. Here is the standing Faith from Sugar Nellie.

 Copic Colors:  B000, E00, E000, RV000, R20, R35, Y21, T2, T4, R83



It will be interesting to see how these are used to make cards. I can’t help but believe they will be fantastic.

 My DW made a suggestion that from time to time I think I will do. Every once in a while she has a problem trying to think of a way to do a background. Dummy me says, why not this or that realizing too late that sole of shoe is not the tastiest thing in the world. No not even with salt and pepper. I suspect cooking will not help much either. Any who, or any hoo, take you pick, here is a freebie used brick background you can copy and use however. All of those bricks were hand drawn. Yup! took mucho time.It would be appreciated if you let people know where it came from and share it with them if you like.

There is an example of this brick in a card Jill did using it under your download.





The reason it is used brick is that the brick shapes are uneven. It makes an interesting brick wall for a doorway, window or even just a garden wall. Have fun with it. That’s it for today. God is great and I still LOVE THE DETAILS.



8 comments:

  1. I just love the expression on those Sugar Nellie faces, and you really brought them to life with the colors you chose! TFS the brick wall too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha-ha what deadlines are those Jim...lol My head and my feet don't seem to react to such things ;o~
    Beautiful colouring as always, and Love Jill card.
    I adore these Sugar Nellies and you have worked your magic on Faith, she is wonderful!
    I Have quite a few on my Pinterest from a couple of years ago...need to do more as I really do like them.
    Hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little ladies are gorgeous and so beautifully girlish feminine too! Love the swimmers in the pool too! Makes me think of summer on its way!! Interesting thoughts too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all should be as lucky as Jill to have our own personal artist to do our coloring.............. Beautiful job on all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you must be a philosopher too, with all your other skills. I really enjoyed the 1st part of this part (well, ALL of it, but you know what I mean!) I have always felt that God is a God of Love, not the stern & forbidding figure that we sometimes are taught to fear. We love our children, but there's times when we have to be firm...I think He must be just like any Loving Parent, only more so. I liked what you wrote about Jesus' love of children and being joyful with them. I think God is happy when we are happy too.. and we need to remember to say a big thank you for the joys He brings to our lives. Now, your coloring is super. Lucky DW to have you do her coloring & the card turned out lovely. Thanks for the brick freebie. I'll download it, and when used, I'll do my best to remember to link back to you. I try to be very careful to credit where I get ideas, and definitely say it was not mine own! Thanks for a most enjoyable read this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And you do the details so very well! Beautiful artwork as always and good food for thought! My DH and I keep 2 of our grandsons every day. The older is in school now but the 2 1/2 yr old gives us some real belly laughs. Every day. Several times. What a blessing. Knowing that God loves us even more than we love the children keeps us going. And laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How did I miss this post!!!!!!!!! No idea! and was actually wondering where you'd been!!! Duh......start checking blogs more often Lynn!
    Love your coloring on these precious little images. You really bring things to life! That brick wall is fab-u-lous!!! Love it too!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sugar Nellie is so adorable! I love her to peices!!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.