Pages

Followers

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

January 14, 2014 If You Never Try You Never Know

Failure Is Not Failure

Quote for today:  - "Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be."

Khalil Gibran, (1883-1931); Lebanese essayist, novelist and poet.

Today's quote is from one of my very  favorite poets. I have read most of his works and have several of them. With that I would like to offer something of my own. I have a book of poetry, thoughts and prose that I wrote and put together over some 20+ years. It was never published but all of the entries are copyrighted. Enjoy

Failure
       
                                                  What is failure as defined by man?
                                                  Is it omission, inability, lack or deficiency   
                                                  Of a vital or not so vital function?
                                                  Who is guilty of failure if not all?
                                                  Who can judge if all are alike?
                                                  Dare I judge myself or another when
                                                  I have failed by sin or lack of talent?
                                                  Where is the failure if the lesson it
                                                  Teaches is one of positive results?
                                                  Why can't failure be constructive
                                                  Instead of destructive in nature?
                                                  If all things were created for good
                                                  Then failure is victory in disguise.
                                                  If this is true, then what we call failure       
                                                  Is not failure but the teaching of wisdom.
       
        **********************************************
copyrighted  by Me

I just read the last post and either I was half asleep or the Cherokee was trying to scalp the text. Did I use a tomahawk on it or what? If you found parts of it hard to read so did I. If you came back anyway. Bless you. If not I don't blame you.

Before we get started, I changed the width of the page to make it easier to read. If this is a problem please let me know and I will shoot the Cherokee and return it to the previous state. Now down to the fun part.

By special request from my better half, it is not usually a request but this time it is, we are going to visit some really neat artwork and her cards so that I am not sleeping on the couch. We will look at more cards made from images that were done for her to use.

 There are several cards that were well received by the artist who created them once they were finished. This image  is from www.squigglefly.com/ . There are some effects that were not part of the design.




The large leaves in back of the watering can have details that are not in the design. They were created with the green marker pen. By barely overlapping each stroke, texture and lines can be created. The effect is just like real veins in a leaf. Neat! Rather than go through the "I forgot" thing, if I have the colors they will be below the image.




The card that Jill created above is simple but really makes the image stand out. She always asks what I think of a card before the final assembly. I am rarely disappointed. Beautiful.

The next image is one of the free images from  http://www.freekidscoloringandcrafts.com/b148.htm and is a Sarah Kay image. Love these images. I have done all of the images From Sarah Kay in the link above. Fun to do. SO precious. 


Copic Colors:  R02, E09, E04, E00, E53, E51, Rv000, Y26, B93, B95, B97, E05, T7, T8, B99, E55, E57




Sarah Kay Images are some of my Fav's. (WOW! I am getting the hang of this.) LOL. Just love the simple cards. Not a lot of fanfare just good vibes. We are going to do one more Sarah Kay and then revisit Squigglefly. The next image is one that Jill and I both like. Who are we kidding! We like them all. 


 Copic Colors:  RV09, R46, YR02, YR23, Y00, YG41, E000, E00, E01, E04, E07, E23, E31, E35, E37, E43, E51, E53, E93, E97, T5, T7

Sometimes the seemingly simple cards take the most colors. Don't you just adore farm children. Animals and children are fun to watch.



The hay stack in the back was something cut from another image. Don't ask me from where. Jill wanted it so I was a good hubby and spent the time and found it. She did a nice job on the card. It was the least I could do. I even helped get the arrangement of everything on the card the way she wanted it. See I am good for something. Not sure what but good for something!

The next and last image is from squigglefly. This is one of those images that, even though it takes many hours to do, you can't do just one. It is without a doubt one of the more popular ones. A whole raft of detail. Eye strain city. 



Copic Colors: YG13, W3, T2, W1, C1,  YG07, G40, G0000, V01, R81, R32, RV10, RV23. E08, V12, YR15, Y15, Y11

Four versions were done for this image. All were slightly different. Probably 2 to 2.5 days of work. Each and every leaf had to be colored and all the separate detail needed to be identified before coloring. The resulting card is fantastic.



Jill did a great job on this one. the image and card are among the favorites. Hope you liked the offering today. It is always fun to share some of the multitude of images. In two days (Thursday) we are going to go to the British Isles and visit funky Kits ( http://www.funkykits.co.uk/catalog/ ). The Sugar Nellie Simply Precious Digital images are in the top 5 of my choices. See you then. LOVE THE DETAILS.

5 comments:

  1. That garden scene is beautiful-and the extra detail you added in made all the difference-Jill has certainly made a lovely card with it.
    I have never heard of Funky Kits-I am off to have a look now,have a good day.
    Nessa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful images and coloring! You brought these beautiful cards alive with your gorgeous coloring. Love the poem too! Very inspiring. The page width looks great!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great verse - yes, failure is a stepping stone to success/wisdom!
    Love your colouring, especially the details in the final image, and Jill has made some wonderful cards from the coloured panels.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Tell Jill I love what she did with all four. What an artist! I really like her finishing touches too. That bow on the hat in the first is lovely! The second bow is perfect for that sweet cleaning little girl! The picket fence and layering on the third is perfect and last, but certainly not least, her die cuts and embossing layers really bring her image to life!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful poetry writing. You have a talent for that as well as for your coloring. Beautiful cards created from both your hands.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.