Pages

Followers

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

January 29, 2014 Inner Joy

Joy is with the inspiration of others.

Quote for Today: None today. Instead a piece I wrote for my inspirational journal. It is part of the reason for this blog. Nothing makes me happier than making someone else happy and giving some inspiration.

Inner Joy
          
          There was once a wise man who traveled from kingdom to kingdom spending most of his time among the people of the land. Most knew he was different but it mattered little to them since they were busy with their own lives and never bothered to take notice of him or his attentiveness to what was of little importance to them. Moreover, he did not try to draw attention to his own person but drew his own joy from seeing others happy and by communing with the life given him. Since this tended to set him apart from those around him, few understood him. The wise man knew this and accepted it even though the isolation was also felt, because of his quiet ways, in his heart. For a time those close to him told him it was not good for him but when he persisted they soon gave up and went away shaking their heads as they went. His choice was made even though it meant suffering. He only smiled and went his way.
          What no one saw, since no one cared enough to look, was his great inner romance with life. It had long ago taken root and grown to where now it was a great blossoming tree hidden amid a forest of trees. This tree is of such splendor that its beauty tingles the senses. Its roots are vast and made of love. Its trunk is broad , strong and solidly constructed of life. Its branches reach out with sensitive awareness of all that could nourish and sustain what is growing ever more fully within him.
          The purpose of this great tree of wisdom is to bear fruit. But of what use would any fruit be if it only fermented away on the very branch on which it came into being? To pick it and place it in fertile ground would bring a spark of life renewed and the possibility of a new wisdom tree; a new romance with the complete beauty of life. Here, unknown to most, was the wise man's treasure. It was not with pride or satisfaction of self but of the joy of seeing new life.
          He still travels the byways of the land quietly sowing jeweled seeds of wisdom. Precious shimmering bits of life's sunshine that reflect in the course of lives he has passed through are his reward for his pain and loneliness. His memory in the mind of man shall be short lived but eternity shall etch his name in her bosom  forever.

copyrighted by me. 

This is scriptural. God is Love (1 John 4 v 8 and 1 John 4 v 16). Love is selfless. We are given not to possess but to give away that we may receive. 

Now to hopefully spread a little joy. For those of you who also enjoy journaling and scrap booking The Images at Imagine and Do are innovative and fun. I will share several images from the wedding pack today. I checked with the artist and got permission to spotlight some of her beautiful images. As usual they are colored in copics. Yes I wrote the colors down. Remember these are image sheets and not stamps.


Copic Colors: Copic Opaque White Water Color, R35, R46

The images presented here are from the wedding pack. The doves were a particular challenge because the Copic water color tends to mask the lines in the image to the point they can't be seen. I used the Copic black Multiliner 0.05 to make the lines in the image dark enough to show through the water color. Worked pretty well. I used the same pen to outline any weak spot in the lines for all of the other images, especially when using dark colors. If you use this technique you must do a complete outline as finely as possible. You be the judge as to it working or not.

By the way I left enough of the other images on the card to tempt you just a little bit. Heh Heh, sneaky huh.


Copic Colors:  Copic Opaque White Water Color, G14, R35, R46, E23, E25, E27, YR23, YR30, YR31, R00, R000, R0000, C1, W00

Here a little detail was added to the hair with the Multiliner 0.05 pen and everything outlined to help with the tendency of copics to run on this paper. It does help to confine the alcohol ink based copic markers. This paper is designed more for water color.

  Copic Colors: R00, R000, Roooo, W00, E23, E25, E27

I need to  have Jill take pictures of the images I do. Her camera produces colors that are more accurate than my scanner. I present the husband. TADA!  Much of the hair detail is, again, done with the multiliner 0.05 pen. When the skin on these images is started you would never know it would look like this when finished. That is the secret to blending. 

Copic Colors:  Y13, Y17, R85, R02, R23, R30, YR31, YG07, C00, R00, R000, R0000

Why does she need more colors than her husband? I refuse to answer on the grounds it could cause bodily harm. It just does. Again, more detail to the hair and out lined where needed. That #1 and arrow is there to tell me which of the two images on the card goes to which list of colors. If I didn't do that I would have to lie and face Cherokee's taunts later. I do not want either. Good thing he can't read or my spelling and grammar would get it done too.

OK! Back away from the keyboard. I want no reports coming back that your keyboard shorted out due to drooling. I present to you the cake. You can stop scratching the screen it will not come through it.

Copic Colors:  BV02, BV00, YG07, RV25 V04, V01, Y13

Wouldn't these be great for a scrap book or a wedding journal? I had a blast coloring all of the images in this pack. I hope you enjoyed this post. It was fun bringing it to you through the blogger pipe line, better known as the Bugger pipe line. Have a Great Day and I will attempt to post again on Friday, Bugger permitting. Remember, LOVE THE DETAILS.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful images and such gorgeous coloring and shading on their faces! Looks like a painting and just lovely. That cake.....um....looks good enough to eat! Yes, these are definitely "keepers". So pretty!
    Love the "bugger" pipe line too!

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It goes without saying...that I have read this before...but that was a long time ago..and today when rereading it...it brought me to tears...so beautifully written. (and of course, you KNOW that I like your coloring!)

      Delete
  2. I love the roses. They look so real I can almost catch a scent of them. You do wonderful work with the faces and skin tones. Oh, that cake is lovely. My keyboard didn't short out, thankfully, because my microwave has an arc. Scary! It is the second one (both the same brand and exactly alike) that has done that. The first one went back to the store. Had did I get on that? Just thinking about things tearing up and needeing repair, I suppose.

    Nice reading of Inner Joy. You're quite the writer.

    I see Jill has posted something so I'll get over there and see what she's been up to today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful vintage images, and beautiful coloring too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your words - and your colouring!! I don't own copics, so i find chalks the next best thing - well the best thing for me .
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - your coloring is gorgeous! Impressive work here!!!! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog - I am totally impressed with yours!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.