Pages

Followers

Thursday, January 2, 2014

January 1, 2014


     Life is an adventure. It is precious in all of its complexity. Exploring it requires broad vision. My view of life is that there is nothing I cannot do if I really want to do it.  There are male female physical restrictions but they are the only restrictions. Other than that all things are possible. 

A gem of a site for beautiful images

        The images at imagineanddo.fi are exceptional. It differs from most stamper's sites by selling all images on sheet stock. This site is geared towards scrap booking but the images are spectacular. The paper used is a bit harder to use with Copic markers but as you can see below the results are worth it. For a stamper the downside is the images are copyrighted and can't be copied or reused. This said, visit the site and be amazed. The site is in Finland but has an English translation link. How good is that.

        The following are some examples of images from this site I have colored. The first is In card form. It is one of only 3 cards I have created. Am I a card maker? No, but I love to color images when I find an artist who takes great pride in the work they do.


Copic colors used are E00, E000, E0000, RV000, E53, E30, E11, E21, E13

        This is one of my all time favorite images. The coloring of this image was a labor of love. This was in one of the first image packs offered. The packs come with embellishments such as the hair braids you see on the card borders. My wife at www.ribbonchallenged.blogspot.com offered to make a card with this image. I opted to do the card instead. 

        Another image from the same pack was used to create the second card. These images make it hard to choose a favorite. They are all beautifully done. 


Copic colors used: BG02, E34, E01, E00, E000, E0000, R02, E31, RV00, RV02

        One of the things different about these images is the quality of the artwork. The eyes especially drew me in. I just love eyes. They are truly the windows to the soul. You can almost feel the thoughts behind the eyes in these images. Not something most artist can accomplish easily. For me, the hair in this image took a great deal of thought to get it right. Love raven haired beauties.

        The next and last image today is also from the first image pack.




Copic colors used: R00, R000, R0000, BG53, R85, YR30, Y18, RV00, G82, B00, RV02, E19

        This is one of those images that harkens back to the roaring 20's in a sophisticated way. This was a fun image to do. Simple but elegant is always nice. Just a bit more simplicity and light on the coloring works well.

        There is a bit of the poet in all artists. Their chosen medium is that which they create their images with. For myself that is only a part of the whole story. For me poetry provides an outlet for the words that are so difficult to speak. Eyes are special. Below is a poem about eyes. It is copyrighted but as long as it is not put into print without my permission it is free to share. Enjoy.

 

Eyes
              
                        Eyes!  Speaking in silent ways of life lived and lost,
                        Being born anew and dying again in a place of private wars.

                        Eyes!  Reflections of the soul come alive as in a dream,
                        Piercing the quiet of the night to awaken silence once again.

                        Eyes!  Piercing the thoughts tucked away in secret places,
                        Untouched for many long years but seen in a careless stare.

                        Eyes!  Shimmering windows glowing with twinkling lights,
                        Raging red with fire or wishful as love’s last tear.

                        Eyes!  Spilling over with life, telling all they ever knew
                        Of living, loving and losing along this short bumpy road.

                        Eyes!  Loving, searching, caring for all they grasp or touch,
                        Wrapping close a heart of warmth, a soul of deepest caring.

                        Eyes!  Filled with knowing wisdom gathered in the cobwebs of time,
                        Projected on gentle living screens of blue, green or brown.

                        Eyes!  Those radiant mirrors, reflect the beauty of life within
                        An earthbound vessel of God, filled to overflowing with love.
           
                        Eyes!  Opened to see, speak of eternal life from within,
                        Given to spread the joy my Lord has given to me. 

        Since I am new to blogging this blog may be rough around the edges. I am going to try to change the info every few days. Since I am still coloring images it most likely is not going be daily but we shall see. As I learn how to do more things and put more references to other sites here for you to check out the site will become more complete.




6 comments:

  1. Great job Honey...Welcome to the world of blogging..Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so great to have you in Blogland, Jim! I can see that you will fit into dozens of the many communities to be found here, not just card-making. I've been saying to Jill how much I admire your coloring and that you should have your own posts. For a newcomer, your blog is not very rough around the edges, IMHO. Love your beautiful poem, too! You are a rare guy who uses all sides of his brain and I'm delighted to be your newest follower! Enjoy this adventure! Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I really love your coloring, such detail. You really have an eye for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely post! that face and coloring it is just wonderful...you master those colors so well! Thanks so much for participating to my challenge! lots of love Bibiana

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.