Pages

Followers

Sunday, January 12, 2014

January 13, 2014 Yesteryear Today

There Is Beauty In All Things

Quote for Today:  -"We can draw lessons from the past, but we cannot live in it."
Lyndon B. Johnson (1908 - 1973); 36th president of US. 

        Boy, is that quote true, thank goodness. There are things in the past that are nostalgic and beautiful. Some of you love the old timey pictures and art. I find much of it is timeless. When there is a picture or piece of art that can be colored and is no copy right It is put into the Old Time folder. For this reason today's post will be along those lines. 

         I wish I knew why that An error occurred trying to save your post. Pease try again. Dismiss banner comes up every so often when it tried to save. Just do your job and save it.

        We will TRY to give some examples of colorizing old timey stuff. I just hope it saves. Here we go.



This is a rubber stamp my wife has. It is a stamp from a company called the Angel Company that is no longer in business. It is copyrighted and still available so please do not copy this one. Thanks. I have no information as to where the stamp may be purchased. If that info becomes available I will post it for you. Thanks


 
Copic Colors YG45, E30, E08, E13, R02, E31, E27, E57, E51, E53, R00, R01, R56, C0, C3, B26, Y28

The problem with scanning is that it picks up spots where the color was a little heavier than else where. Still is pretty awesome. Love these old timer images.( had to use timer instead of Timie or Timey or Timy. That little red line means NOT IN THE DICTIONARY. Dumb dictionary)

 I will tell you up front that I have no idea where any of these came from. They were downloaded some time ago.




Of course There is an Indian image. Having Cherokee heritage somewhere in the past it only stands to reason. 


The above is the line drawing used to create the image. The scan was a bit disappointing but you get the idea. Here is the colorized image

That elk in the corner is how many of the Indians signed their names. Most could not read or write. The colored image is pretty nifty too.


Copic Colors. E31, E35, E37, E55, E07, B23, E41, T4

 Moving right along we go to another line drawing. This was a bit more difficult but definitely a keeper.
 What you see on the screen is very nearly the size of the  picture when it was colored. Talk about eye strain. 


Copic Colors  R00, R000, E57, W4, RV69, E35, W1, YR12, T5, E11, E31, E15, E40, W5, E34, E29, E74, E41, BV02, YG06, YG03, RV95, YG05, YG17, G24, E33, BG000, F15

Cute! Can't tell you why I like this I just do. Yep! All of those colors are in there. Very colorful. Want a magnifier. 

Next are the Victorian photographs. These are some of my favorites. Loved the photo below. Colorizing it was another story. The  hair is actually covered with a hair net. It took 7 or 8 tries to get the net part of the image. If you look closely you can see it. It looks kinda like some ink smeared on the left of her image.


Copic Colors E0000, B91, YR0000, E41, B21

The next photo was a little easier.Sigh! I know you have heard this before but "sorry I didn't whrite down the colors used. The next two images are with the same "SIGH, I didn't write down the colors used". Iwill just present them in the original photo, Colorized photo order. 


The next two photos are the wifes favorite of the ones colorized by your truly. Enjoy.






I have tried to be sure none of the above images are not copyrighted. If you have information to the contrary please notify me and I will make the appropriate adjustments. Thank you.

I hope you have enjoyed your visit. A little more ordered today. Even the ERROR save bar only appeared two or three times today. I just sneezed and the room lights flickered, the screen blinked and I held my breath. Whew. Safe. Have a great day. See you in two days. Need to get some coloring and other things done. LOVE THE DETAILS.

6 comments:

  1. Like Jill, I love those last two you colored - but my heart belongs to the Indian! Superb!!!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are amazing - I can see why your wife loved the final two - but for all that I think my favourite is the lady with the hair net!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the nostalgic images-I am in agreement with Lynn on this one-the Red Indian is my favourite-just fabulous!
    Nessa :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. First, welcome and thank Darnell for pointing me in your direction. I've got to agree with Jill, I love the coloring on the last two. Amazing really. Thanks so very much for sharing your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful coloring, you have a real eye for details.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and Jill have a lot in common when it comes to beautiful artwork!! Love how you used the delicate colors for the vintage photos and the vibrant colors for the colonial and Native American ones. I think the server is busy when you get your "An error occurred trying to save your post. Please try again." message. I just ignore it and do what you did. :-) HTH A big welcome to blogland and if you every have questions, I might be able to answer them. I've had my blog quite a while and did the Impression Obsession blog for the last 4 and a half years.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.