Pages

Followers

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

January 22, 2014 Believe

Were I to wander with no purpose to the thoughts of my mind, the eternal force of God's hand would ever guide me on my way.

Quuote for Today:  "Aim at Heaven and you will get Earth thrown in. Aim at Earth and you get neither."
-C.S. Lewis


Today is a time of fuzzy focus, a wandering with no focus on where we are going. Much of the path we tread is littered with things and perceived possessions. Few gain something with the thought of giving something back. We all look for a legacy to be remembered by. It is not something that is planned but a fact of our living. We cannot take it with us. It must be left behind. If it is true and good it will live on in others and continue to the benefit of others. You just need to beleive.

Today is snow shovel day! Hooray! Just the most fun day imaginable. RIGHT!! After the curve ball that was throw in the last post it will be nice to share a few of my own drawings. I know, I know I'm no artist but at least I tried. The first offering is the best of the lot. Well, I think it is. At least of this lot anyway. Here we go. We are starting out with a painting.


This was a "By the Numbers" Oil painting from when I was in Junior High school . My parents got it for me. Not bad for a clumsy young teen.

Next the opening page to a book of poetry, prose, thoughts and sayings that I started to put together. Not for sale. Just for me. A sort of inspiration journal for myself. Yes I explored the possibility of publishing but after who knows how many tries I gave up. They were not interested in this type of book. No matter. It is inspirational to me. Besides there are now some entries that are not my work. Can't publish those can I?



There is a flip side to this page but it is the identical reverse so it isn't shown. Just a little note, all is hand done, as if you couldn't tell! Next is one of the pages.


This was done with crayola pencils. That's because the good ones are too expensive and the cheap ones in novice hands is good enough. This is one of the projects that will probably never get finished. Too many projects going on. Sound familiar? 

Next curtain please!


Again this was done in crayola pencil. Why you ask? Because I didn't have the Copics at the time. At least not the colors needed. Those buggers are not cheap. I am but they aren't. I know.... AAAWWWW! The next piece of art will help out with that too.


The strings are crooked as you can see. That's because they are real strings. No you can't play them. I tried. That is why they are all squiggly. Sheesh! Need to explain everything. There was one more graphic that was the most difficult and a first for me. It began as this:


Progressed to this and finally:



And ended as this.


Haven't done much with it yet. Originally there were supposed to be feet. The hands were tough enough but the feet were impossible. They are under the robe. Don't ask! They are there. It is all done in pen so there was a trash can full of scraps when it was all over. I know you are going to tell me what you think. I'm not sure I want to Know! Smile. LOL. EESH, Acronym. Smile. Here is a thought from that book to help soften the blow of the above artwork.


The Promise
          
During a storm of rolling thunder, whose power was released with blinding flashes, a rain fell steadily as if to cleanse the earth and prepare her for the coming twilight.  Even as the light failed there came a stillness of the air and the rain changed to a sparse sprinkle.  An electric quiet filled the air as all of heaven and earth transformed, glowed with golden light.  Houses, trees, air and sky shown with golden hues.  A great orb of translucent pink-orange settled on the earth's shoulder.  Peace abounded and God walked the earth.  His presence was heralded in the golden light of the promised Jerusalem as it shown all about.  As He passed by, He touched the sky with His finger and renewed all His promises with the arch of a perfect rainbow that reached from earth to heaven to earth.  Then he breathed a sigh of love and a second rainbow appeared above the first to gently seal it away forever within the hearts of all who beheld it.


*********************************************************
copyrighted

That is it for today. Not so sure I LOVE THE DETAILS today. Now you know, I really am an amateur.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, so many talents you possess. I love that ship even if it was long ago by a young teen. I never thought I would hear you say you gave up on anything...well, I don't know you that well but you don't seem the type. Maybe you should try getting published again. There's some wonderful work here and I am so glad you shared "The Promise. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Gosh! I remember the paint by number sets and just loved them. Don't think I ever did one as pretty as that ship however. I think all of fine probably included some type of horse. Love your drawings......very nice.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. And if we did not share what we do, the world would be a lot less colourful and inspirational!! Love that you are strong enough to be vulnerable. The final angel is fabulous.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're all novices just making our way through this thing called "life." NJ on everything, especially how you colored those potted plants!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your nice email. It has not been "the best of times". I love your artwork and coloring. The picture of Nathan you colored could have been either one of our sons. Exact look and hair color. I can see you have had talent from early on by looking at your ship. Even paint by number stands out. Your poetry book is a wonderful idea. I think that is an individual joy and yours is beautiful. The angel is also stunning. Its so nice that you share with us. Mine go in the trash and I start again.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.