Pages

Followers

Saturday, January 25, 2014

January 25, 2014 Just Being

Compassion! Allowing the heart to see past what the eyes see to life’s needs.

Quote for Today: "Where I go matters not and where I have been even my foot prints have altered the course of life and time."
Me (1942 - still here) (obviously)

The course of our lives is never set in unalterable paths. Something or someone always enters that path and inexorably alters its direction. How we live our lives may not be noticed by ourselves but it is noticed by others. I was at work one day and one of the newer hires, from Sri Lanka, came to me and said "You are a Christian and I have a question for you." The question is not important here but the statement is. I never walk around preaching in any way shape or form. How you live, how you present yourself, will make a statement often louder than anything else you may do. Living and being who you are speaks very loudly to others. Your foot prints, even the ones in the sands are permanent in time. We can't always leave a squeaky clean impression but with effort and compassion it can be a positive one.

Back to the artsy part of the blog. Now that I have chased away a whole bunch of people with altered paths it is hoped that enough remain to have some fun. Back to sharing the images you have come to help me improve. 

The first thing to share needs no improvement. (sorry ladies) Something the love of my life made especially for me. 




To my lovely wife there is no one I would rather share my days and nights with than you. Love You Too.

There are some of my favorite images that I would like to share with you. The first is called art-nouveau-sleeping-beauty and can be found at coloring pages for all ages. Some really interesting art can be found here.


Copic Colors:  T1, Y0000, Y11, G03, G18, YG23, R02, R81, RV69, E13, E51, E53, YR14, YR16, YR18

Explore it to find a lot of free images for coloring. The next two stamps are from Stamps Happen and are a bit more complicated to do. But there are fun. The first example is called Blackthorn Flower Fairy. It is one of my favorites of the pixie and fairy series.


Copic Colors: R02, E0000, Y1, YR24, RV0000, YG61, E29, E70, G000, E50, YG93, C1 C00, C3, C5, E57, E71, E30, E31, G0000, E00, E37, E41, W1, BV01, C0, E97, YG13, BG72, BV000, YR0000

This was harded than it looks. As you can see by the number of colors there is more there than meets the eye. The next selection is called The Tulip Fairy. 


Copic Colors: YR0000, Y000, R0000, R14, R20, R24, R29, E0000, Y11, Y02, Y13, R22, R29, R32, E07, G94, E04, Y18, YG93, YG95, YG 97, YG61

It is interesting to note that the artist who did the original images was Cicely Mary Barker. She was quite well known for her Pixie and Fairy images and was also an author of note. She was born in 1895 and died in 1973.

I would like to share one more image. It's from the Digidoodle collection Digidoodle collection

Copic Colors: YR16, Y02, RV02, R35, E07, C02, R29, RV32, RV23, Bo5
E01, RV0000, E0000, YG17

This one is called Canary Love. Just adorable. Hope you enjoyed your visit. Enjoy your weekend. See you Monday I hope. I just LOVE THE DETAILS.


6 comments:

  1. Very nice needlepoint and great coloring on these images too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I left a comment and when I clicked on publish, it just disappeared.

    The stitching from Jill is wonderful and I am sure you loved and appreciated it.

    You've found some nice things for coloring and, of course, did a great job. I love to color, also, but haven't done much recently. I did color something in the last few days but it won't show up for quite a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous post!
    Love the cross stitch! Beautifully said.
    Great images and beautiful coloring as always. Love that little Digidoodle gal!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful tribute to you from your wife!! Your images below it are so pretty too! Beautiful. Need to get those stamps out again. You are such an inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the words of wisdom you shared! And the beautiful needlepoint Jill made. Cicely Mary Barker is one of my favorite artists and I have some of her images in rubber! I had a print of all her fairy images in my bedroom growing up! And the Saturated Canary images and the Saturated Canary stamps are all wonderful. Have you visited her website? She gives out free digits on her blog that you may be interested in.
    :) The other Jill :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the embroidery - Your Jill is a talented stitcher :-) Your colouring is amazing - just a question, do you use anything other than copics to colour with?
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.