Pages

Followers

Monday, January 27, 2014

January 27, 2014 Whispers

The greatest listeners hear even the unspoken whispers.

Quote for Today:   "In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light."
Mahatma Ghandi (1869-1948); Indian ascetic & national leader.

Have you ever played the game of pass it on with words? What was repeated at the end is never what was originally said. Why? One reason is that we are so busy formulating what we need to say that we miss the message? The prophets of old learned how to listen. What we perceive in our world is chaotic and unordered. A good listener will quiet his mind and listen to the order that comes out of the chaos. In 1 Kings 19 verse 9 Elijah was hiding in a cave. The Lord came and told him to stand out side the cave. At that point a great wind shattered rocks and split the mountain but god was not in the wind. Then there was a great earth quake but God was not there. Then there was a fire but God was not there. Then there was a light whispering sound and the prophet went out and stood before God. He listened. He understood the voice in the whisper. The soul listens to whispers. Listen for the whispers and truly hear the word being spoken. It can be done even in todays chaotic lifestyle.

I haven't done any scenery yet have I? Stupid dictionary keeps finding words, common ones at that, it does not recognize. Oh well! It does find some that are misspelled and since I have ten thumbs when I type it is a good thing. It's a good thing all of these derailments aren't gold mining cars. The mine would go out of business. Back on track, for a little bit.

Drum roll please. First curtain please. Finally!!!!  The next two images are from Squigglefly. They have some pretty good stuff there. (I have these in my squigglefly folder. The wife says she isn't sure these were Squigglefly. The stamps are really old and have no markings as to origin. If anyone can verify there origin I will edit this post.)



This is a card waiting to be made. Sorry none yet.

This is a second colored version of the same image. Quite a different look for the same image. 



This is the image used to make this card.



She did a fantastic job with this image. It is why it is fun coloring for her.

Boy it's quiet around here without the Cherokee. He said "Wife send instagram smoke signal." Say WHAT???? "Tell Cherokee come home clean snow out of tepee. Cherokee tell her arm not broke do self. She remind Cherokee of string of scalps. Cherokee leave now." He left so quick his moccasins are still here. String of scalps? Cherokee still has his. She must have been married before. You never know with him. Derailed again. More profit down the tubes.

I started this at 5am in the morning.  This is being done between yawns. Bear with me we will get there. The last selection for today is a sailboat from Sweet n Sassy Stamps.


This was my first use of the Copic "Beginner's Edition" of the spray brush. It is OK but it is a beginning. Jill did make a card out of it. She liked it.......


Doesn't look bad either. Hope we don't have to add any more credits to these. You wouldn't be able to see the work.

Wait one..... Cherokee is sending an Instagram smoke signal. Whew!!  Wish they would change whatever they are using to make the smoke like cedar or something. Smells bad. OK Here we go. "Cherokee still have scalp. Squaw say stay gather fire wood. Like scalp where it is. Do sun dance. Bring warm weather. Melt snow. Squaw giving evil eye. Talk later."  How do they get the smoke signals to work over the email system????? Saw a picture of her once. Hulk Hogan would have a tough time beating her. 

Enough fun for today. If this gets any crazier I will be doing this blog from a cell with six padded walls. Have a great day and you just have to LOVE THE DETAILS.

12 comments:

  1. I love both of your versions of the colored barns! I want to be near an ocean in warmth for the third and very beautiful sailing image and fantastic Jill card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both versions of the barn and especially the second. The sailing image makes me want to be near a warm ocean now. What a tag team beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pair you two make! Wonderful coloring on the barn. The second one is more red and I love red barns and old, red churches. I have a photo somewhere on my blog and Pinterest of an old red church in AL. Jill made a super card out of that one. Of course, the sailboat one speaks to me and I would love to be there. It needed to be made into a card, so good for Jill. You used an airbrush? That is something I would like to try and almost asked Santa for me, but didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me no speak Cherokee, but your images all look beautifully colored :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm astounded how different colouring gave the two scenes such a different look - you and Jill make such a team creating cards, I love that you share this fantastic hobby! The Sweet n' Sassy boat image is one of my favourite silhouettes, and your sky colours are quite amazing, so brilliant! Thanks for the reminder from I Kings about God's whisper and true listening.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your work on the barn - especially the first one. The sunset is great - and the way Jill mounted it is stunning. Instagram smoke signals......... your imagination is working overtime, and I can see the padded cell looming - one consolation, it would be warm ;-).
    Still listening for that still small voice - now that IS real!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL!!! (I know that's one of those "things" you don't like - but it was just required after reading your post)! Hope the weather warms up a bit for y'all up there and the snow blows elsewhere!
    The sailboat.....ah, so peaceful and beautiful! Love the card - CAS and my kind of card.
    The barn/buggy scene.....over the top outstanding!! BOTH of these are wonderful!! LOVE!
    As far as being a good listener.....I, for one, was a very good listener today with some business transactions. As my Jim always says - zip and up and listen!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jill does such a beautiful job making cards to showcase and frame your art, Jim. The images that you find are really outstanding, but it's you who truly brings them to life with your coloring!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just found your blog, LOVE the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards, Beautiful colouring, and a wonderful Scripture which we need to read more often.
    Thanks for following my blog and leaving a comment so I could find you Jim.
    I know I will look forward to calling on you and reading your posts....and of course seeing what both you and your wonderful lady have created.
    hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. loved the humor in your posts. thanks for stopping by and leaving me a pun and much appreciated comments over the past few days.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your coloring and I'm happy to see you have your own blog now! The barn image is wonderful! Each are so different, but they both came out great! I love the color with the sailboat...so serene looking. Your wife is such a sweet lady! Blessings! Kathy

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.