Pages

Followers

Saturday, January 11, 2014

January 11, 2014 A New Day Dawning

Perseverance Wins

Quote of the Day:  "Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months"

Oscar Wilde (1854-1910) Irish dramatist, novelist, & poet

Don't Adjust your screen! Those are bullet holes!











        Some of you are aware that I was having some serious blog problems yesterday. I am happy to say "Problem solved ..... FOR NOW!" Yesterday I felt like the gent who came downstairs to get his morning cup of wake-up juice and stubbed his toe on something on entering the kitchen. While hoping around on one foot and holding the other he finds the counter top to steady himself. He straightens up and promptly bangs his head on an open cabinet door. The automatic reaction to this is to duck at which point he promptly bangs his head on the counter top. Stunned, he backs turn and walks directly into the kitchen door jamb, falls to the floor. There he sits, throbbing toe, a goose egg on the top of his head, A red mark on his forehead and a red line down his face from walking into the door jamb wondering what he came downstairs for. Oh Yeah! A cup of coffee.
        Before I explain I would like to thank those of you who welcomed me to the wonderful world of blogging. Personally I think there is a little red guy with cloven feet and horns just waiting to make life miserable for any unsuspecting blogger out there. My day of blogging started out normal enough. I thought that in two or so hours I would have another nice blog to share and I could get some other things done. Wrong, wrong wrong!
        It all started when I notice that the words I typed were doing funky things like part of a word on one line and the rest on the next line. I thought "Oh well I'll fix that after I get most of the post finished." After I got two of the pictures inserted, sized and positioned I started to type the next paragraph. I noticed when I got to the end it aligned to center. Highlighted the paragraph, hit the alignment button and chose the align left. NOTHING. Hmmm! Strange. Hit the undo button and the picture disappears above the paragraph. I reinsert the photo.
      Meanwhile my better half says "Your post for today is doing strange things." I told her "How can that be I haven't posted it yet." We go to her room and sure enough there it is in all of its messed up glory. Some of the lines are going so far off screen the neighbors could read it from their yard. Scrolling sideways the line of text is so long the post disappears off the left side of the screen. Is it supposed to do that?
      Back to my room. The Scotts-Irish in me is bricking up and the Cherokee in me is saying "Me get bow and arrows. Need war paint too." Problem is I think the arrows were bent and the bowstring was broken. Tried several things three or four times to no avail. In the process of trying different things some of you may have noticed the post appearing and disappearing like a broken traffic light. That was me Publishing and reverting back to draft. At one point I thought "I wonder if it will correct if I hit the undo button several times." Once again the result was the image disappeared. But I didn't do anything with the image. Hit undo again. Now the image is in another spot. hit undo again. Nothing. Scroll to the top of the blog and guess what? There is the picture. I save the mess, log off and go make supper. Yeah I do the cooking!
        I tell the wife I'm taking a bottle of wine into the room with me when I go back. I did have my usual glass (JUST ONE) of wine with my meal. Cherokee did war dance before returning to room. Loaded gun with silver bullet. Hit post delete button. did more war dance. Finish post. UM, Good. Fix um good. Cherokee put bullet holes in screen as warning to little red thing. you not win. Me win.
        If anyone is still here, boy that felt good. Her is a picture or two. If your lines are going off the right side of the screen the Cherokee will fix it.
        


        These are some of my favorite child images. So cute and adorable. The Copic coloring is relatively easy too.



        This is the card made from the above image. Nice!




        I don't know if a card was made using this image. There have been so many that I am unable to keep track.        

If you stuck with me this far I will not bore you any further. This was a vvery different kind of post. Thanks for visiting and hope you return soon. LOVE THE DETAIL.        



       








10 comments:

  1. Hi Jim, I came from your biggest fan's blog. I guess you can't guess who that is, can you?

    I've long been a fan of your coloring, and am anxious to read more of your posts. Congratulations on your new blog!

    Oh yeah, I was here earlier, but didn't have time to read anything, so had to come back as soon as I got home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surprise! I am aware of who you are. It is an honor that you stopped by. Being new to blogging, it was a trial by fire to pend a whole day getting back on track. Thank you for the compliments. Since I am not so much a card maker I am trying to diversify and still keep it interesting. I will drop by to say hi from time to time. Jim

      Delete
  2. Hi I enjoyed the post - so glad mine have never done that - I think I would have given up blogging!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!!! Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging!!! Beware - just when you think you have it all figured out, Blogger will start playing tricks!

    I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've run into the exact same thing and yes...wanted to see how far I could throw this computer. As far as using a gun on it though, probably not. My luck I'd miss and shoot myself!!

    Love your drawings AND coloring on these. So cute and pretty! VERY nice!

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, bless you, Jim, for keeping your sense of humor through it all!! This was a great accounting and we can all relate to your pain. If it makes you feel any better, Blogger is definitely acting up of late for most of us, no matter what operating system is used. First there were problems posting and now today, when I finally had time to visit, every other comment I made just disappeared after I clicked publish! And I'm not economical with my words, so you can imagine how much I wanted to put a few bullet holes somewhere! (I hope the whole system isn't about to crash!) Thanks for the chuckles! Enjoy the weekend! Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bwaahaahaa! I came here via Darnell's blog to come and welcome you to Blogland. I'm so sorry to see you've been off to a wobbly start with our "friend" Mr. Blogger, but I'm sticking around because you made me laugh, and your work looks pretty awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to Blogland! Think I will 'save' the bullet holes as I'm sure they will come in useful!
    Your colouring is fab - have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jim, did Jill have to use ear plugs while this was going on?? LOL Glad to see you stuck with it and made the system work for you. Most of us would have given up after stubbing our toes! I've had some funky things happen to my blog and just left it go. Keep up the good work and always faith in God.

    Cherie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Eeps...on the blogging issues, yes, It makes you want to shoot the computer. I love Sara Kay images, ever so sweet. Also love your chef jacket. Do you know about Nueskes Applewood Smoked Bacon?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, your coloring is really great. I understand about blogger issues too. It is a pain and I wish I had the bullet holes when I was dealing with my cable companies. Your drawings are good too. Keep up the great work and welcome to blogland.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. SALES, ADVERTISEMENTS OF ANY KIND, OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE OF ANY KIND WILL BE DELETED. Thank You to those who spend a few moments to comment. It is much appreciated. I will try to return your comment by commenting on your blog. For me to do so you must make your comment window a popup window. Thanks.